I can never find guitar straps that I like!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
Considering that there are so many out there, nobody seems to make ones that I like the look of. As a general rule I like the Levy's Polyester straps for type. I've been through all their designs and there are only two I like, and they are both only available from the US for daft money. Actually there is one other I like but I already have a few of them - I need something else!

These are the two I like:

What strap is your favourite?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8724
    Soft leather because it lasts, my oldest has been in use for 40 years. Suede side inwards because it grips my shoulder. No buckles, why would I want to dent my guitar with a buckle?. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    I posted a thread about this a while ago.
    I ended up buying a Heistercamp Spectrum as a test to see if I could find something that was as good as my, now falling apart, stars that I've had since the early 90's.

The fact that I have since ordered another 6 of them might tell you how happy I am with them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27114
    I've had straps from all over. I've had several Levys leather & suede ones, of which I still use a couple, including the one on my paisley Tele that I bought the day the guitar arrived almost 16 years ago.

I have 2 or 3 Levys plain cotton ones which are simple and flexible and nicer than nylon/polyester, and I have a Souldier on my strat, but while I like the idea of them I'm not a fan of most of their designs.

Recently I've got a Heistercamp leather one for the CS336 which is nice but a smidge too stiff. I assume it'll get more flexible as it gets used.

And I'm a big fan of Copperpeace, with 3 of theirs. All are really good, but the "Vintage Mays" and Herringbone models are my favourite 2 straps in the world. Super soft leather, comfortable, flexible, really well made, and great to look at

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4842
    edited August 2018
    I have 2 leather Minotaur straps I got from Thomann, tried the first one on a whim for my 99 LP Standard and it was so comfy I bought another (different design though) and thats also comfy. I also have a Couch strap from the US, racing stripe design and it's also just as comfy however that's on a Strat I should add, which obviously is less weighty!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    My longest owned piece of guitar stuff is my strap. My stepdad gave it to me as it was a spare he had and I’ve mever been able to find one like it. 

Red leather back, jaquard front with a multi colour block pattern. No name or hints about who made it. I’d love another. 

I tend to keep my straps matched to a particular guitar rather than switching between them.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I use a Fender strap with my LP gold top (is that sacrilege?) it looks good and is hard wearing, no complaints from me!

https://i.imgur.com/zjpYJUh.jpg
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2959
    I bought a couple of Henry Heller 2" basic suede straps. Very comfortable and supple, and under £20. Must admit I'm amazed how much some folks are prepared to spend on a strap!
    This purple one is actually darker than the photo, and is a perfect match for the purple burst on my Spacehawk:
    https://www.gak.co.uk/en/henry-heller-basic-suede-strap-2-in-purple/112918
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3222
    I like something a bit retro and have been a fan of Jodi Head and Souldier straps for a while.
    Recent finds that have been cost effective and cool are Perris:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MY6SCPQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ay9GBbTN4Q279
    And dog days straps:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015RIP6V2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yA9GBbS9S3DCN
    The dog days in particular is fantastic quality.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I like the Levy's cotton ones with suede ends.
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited August 2018
    Really diggin' Couch stuff at the moment. Red Racer X and '70s black Cadillac roof vinyl...
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    I was looking at souldier recently as well, as it’s the patterning I like. My daughter chose me out a blue and white Dunlop Avalon one to match my new cherry 335 when we were in the shop, so that’s what I’ll be wearing with that.

https://www.jimdunlop.com/product/d67-03bl-7-10137-08533-6.do?view=100345

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7039
    tFB Trader
    I've just bought one from Bear Straps. Couldn't be happier with it and the service I received.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3335
    I like th £8 Ernie ball polyester straps. I don’t think I’m the man to judge this. 
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited August 2018
    i'm the same so end up just buying a basic leather then putting a kind of slip over made-made fabric cover over it.
    the current on i'm using is just a basic black leather 50mm wide one covered in scarletty-red and gold classic cheongsam type fabric. like this.
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61OsDl9sf3L._UY445_.jpg
    just sew a tube, invert it, and slip it over. strap buttons stop it coming off. if it needs a wash ever stick it in the machine.

re the union jack strap maybe it's generational (eg if your golden era is britpop or mods etc) but the union jack has a pretty dodgy rep around town now, maybe like it did for a lot of the 1970s.
    i wasn't even born then so am going by what i have learned about that era from books and docs, but it seems nazi skinhead types (not the cool skinheads) and football hooligans wrapped themselves up in it much as certain negative extreme right-wing groups now are doing, with the same associative effect on that symbol.

if you are just trying to reference the who and get heckled for being a ukip scumbag, you will understand what i mean. some symbols come with a baggage you can't control.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Ernie Ball poly does the job for me. Pick a colour you like. Cheap enough that you can have one for every guitar and it just stays on permanently.
  • I've just bought one from Bear Straps. Couldn't be happier with it and the service I received.
    Agreed, @SteveRobinson. I’ve got a couple of Bear straps recently. Rupert’s a gent. 
  • Neotech Mega Bass Strap for me. Insanely comfortable. Inexpensive. A look that will never go out of fashion. Job done. 
  • Another + for Bear Straps...I had one stolen too last year sadly.  Also worth a look are ElDorado (USA) hard to get in the UK now
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72439
    I like the standard Levy's 3" leather ones with the padded edges and through-the-slot adjustment.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein