I can never find guitar straps that I like!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I got one from Heistercamp last year before they changed the lineup and colours.
    It's one of the old 'Raw' series, 'Hunters Tor' in Peppercorn Black with Ochre stitching. I've put Dunlop strap locks on all my guitars and just swap the guitars over, keeping the same strap over my shoulder at the same height for each guitar.

It's the best strap I've ever had and the £54 (Delivered) that I paid last year has faded into insignificance now. The quality and feel of it are sublime.
    I actually bought two almost identical straps at the same time but I've since given the second one to @Route66 to use with her Telecaster. The only difference between them is the stitching colour, Audrey's has black stitching instead of Ochre.

I've got other straps but they just don't get used anymore. My Heistercamp has become my main and only strap and it's simply beautiful.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3500
    I have a fake Fender Tweed strap, I got it for free, I dont care much for straps.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • vizviz Frets: 10700
    Standard black dimarzio cliplocks. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • viz said:
    Standard black dimarzio cliplocks. 
    Same here, that's all I used to use when I was gigging. Comfortable, easy to get on and off, and long enough for me to wear my guitar as low as I want :) 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    +1 for Bear straps. Been using these for a few years now.

Went through a Souldier phase for a bit too. Like how they have every colour to match any guitar

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    axisus said:

I can never find guitar straps that I like! ...

I can never like the guitar straps that you have found. :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Gagaryn said:
    I can never like the guitar straps that you have found. :-)
    I can totally understand that as none of the others in this thread really appeal to me. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    improvise then...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2600
    edited August 2018
    I'm pretty random with straps.  They are functional items. I  want them to look ok, but I'm not interested in paying fancy money for a fancy strap.  I think it's pretty unlikely anybody would notice and even less likely that anyone would care.  I'd be willing to wager that if you asked any of my band mates "what kind of guitar strap does B use" they wouldn't have a scooby.

(A thought no-one had, ever: "my opinion of that guy has gone downhill now I know how little he pays for his guitar straps" ).

I have a couple of Comfort Strapps that I bought when I was playing 5 string bass, to spread the weight.  One of those is currently on my heaviest guitar,  a PRS DGT (still only 7.8lbs).  Not the prettiest but a neutral black that complements the charcoal burst quite well and does a good job of making it comfortable and unlikely to slip..

I have a couple of suede Levy straps that I picked up because they were on offer by Amazon at a fraction of their usual price.  The nicest looking ones I have, although I've owned them for a couple of years now and one is still unused.

My Tom Anderson came with a strap.  Its a pretty cheap looking plain black with an Anderson logo, which will be meaningless to almost anyone I know.  I'll probably stick on something a bit better at some point, but I haven't bothered to so far.

But the straps I have most of are the standard Planet Waves locking straps.  Probably have about 5 of these.  Cheap, look absolutely fine in a "looking like a guitar strap" kinda way, and obviate the need for strap locks, Grolsch washers etc.  Some accuse the mechanism of flimsiness but I've had no issues in years of using them.

Only criticisms are they don't fit easily over the bigger strap buttons you get on PRS/Suhr type guitars (although you can just unscrew the button, obviously) and I'd prefer something a little wider on a heavier guitar.  But for lighter guitars they are perfect.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I like my Couch vinyl strap. White with turquoise poppies near one end, and backed in olive green. The dollar is too strong these days to buy another though.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.