New R8? - The `what I told the wife` thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I know this thread is a bit of fun - but to share, having had a (now ex) wife who limited what I was allowed to spend money on, and wouldn't let me spend more than £500 on a guitar.

I talked to my fiancee about this deal, and she said 'it's not for you, we only buy vintage guitars'.

True love right there!
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    peteri said:
    I know this thread is a bit of fun - but to share, having had a (now ex) wife who limited what I was allowed to spend money on, and wouldn't let me spend more than £500 on a guitar.

I talked to my fiancee about this deal, and she said 'it's not for you, we only buy vintage guitars'.

True love right there!

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    Me: staring intently at laptop
    wife: “whatcha up to?”
    me: trying very hard not to buy a new guitar 
    wife: why’s that?
    me: explains the cost vs deal price, 0%, dream guitar, etc
    wife: “buy it or you’ll regret it” 
    me: clickclickclickclickclicktaptaptaptap
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1569
    peteri said:

True love right there!
     So your new woman calls the shots too then?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    How many other people are lurking on this topic thinking their conversation will go something like...

Me: "I just bought a guitar"
    Wife: "What? Another one!..."
    Me: "Don't worry, it was really cheap. All these other blokes bought cheap Gibsons in a sale, but I didn't. I got mine even cheaper when they all hit the classifieds!" =)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    the problem's my daughter not her mum

"daaaaaaaaddddddddd"!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14302
    tFB Trader
    At least they are cheaper than the other R8 option you could have told her you are buying

Image result for audi r8
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    At least they are cheaper than the other R8 option you could have told her you are buying

Image result for audi r8
    id like one of these in dirty lemon
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    horse said:
    peteri said:

True love right there!
     So your new woman calls the shots too then?
    harsh!
  • FishguyFishguy Frets: 31
    I'm lucky with my partner, I was trying out a guitar (candy red strat) in a shop. I obviously really liked it. She casually mentioned how comfortable I looked with it and how it sounded much nicer than my one and the second hand Yamaha I tried sounded awful.

Life's too short too spend with people who can't support you surely. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Fishguy said:
    I'm lucky with my partner, I was trying out a guitar (candy red strat) in a shop. I obviously really liked it. She casually mentioned how comfortable I looked with it and how it sounded much nicer than my one and the second hand Yamaha I tried sounded awful.

Yep, true. My other half was very supportive for the first 25 or so guitars, but progressively less supportive for the next 25. I had to bin her in the end.
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I'd say my wife is pretty supportive.. we're both quite anti-spending, money having been very tight for a long time. We are more comfortable now and saving towards a house. I do a lot of drooling, but very little buying.

I've only ever once come home and said i want this guitar now.. It was more than i'd usually spend on anything. And it was ok with her. 

I always *want* a lot of stuff, but i rarely/never actually buy it. 
  • Why is it that the women 'wear the trousers' in all of your relationships? Shouldn't you just man up and tell them you're buying a guitar and if she doesn't like it she is dumped? Then tell her to go get some biscuits and make a brew whilst you watch the football.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7773
    edited August 2018
    Brize said:
    Fishguy said:

Yep, true. My other half was very supportive for the first 25 or so guitars, but progressively less supportive for the next 25. I had to bin her in the end.
    Need pics of the guitars & wife before I cast judgement.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Why is it that the women 'wear the trousers' in all of your relationships? Shouldn't you just man up and tell them you're buying a guitar and if she doesn't like it she is dumped? Then tell her to go get some biscuits and make a brew whilst you watch the football.
    Said guitar would end up being Townshended in the road, thats why.

My uncles ex once slashed up the cloth on his amplifier fronts in the middle of a ragin' domestic. She knew it'd hurt.