Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nightmare best mate situation occuring ...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• My best mate and godfather to my daughter walked out on his beautiful funny, Intellectual, sweet wife of 10 years  and 2 beautiful daughters a few months ago.

I was gobsmacked.

I know he's doing another bird a few counties away (his first love as it happens)  I've told him I think he's a spineless bastard, I've met his wife recently (who's best buds with Mrs T) and she is shattered by the whole thing - literally broken. She has no idea why he walked out other than the "it's not you it's me" bollocks he fed her.

How can I stay mates with a bloke who's lying to his daughters and his wife and how do I stay silent when his wife asks me if I know what's going on.

I'm in such a shit ass position here 
    First rule is for either you or your wife not to get actively involved. That ends up in taking sides and that's where divisions can appear in your own household.

All you've done is received information. Personally, I would say nothing and if you're ever asked, just say you had your suspicions but no evidence. He's hardly likely to have a conversation with your wife as he is the villain in all this.

To be honest, I was in his position and my best mate never spoke to me ever again. Nor would I have ever spoken to his wife.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The best course of action in all of this is to say nothing and know nothing. Your wife doesn't seem to want to know, because, quite rightly, what she doesn't know can't become something she kept from her mate if/when it comes out later. 

You can't be perceived as taking sides, and knowing something that you keep secret from his wife (or yours) just puts you in the middle. It's too late to change your knowledge of what he's dumped on you, but you can possibly find a way of "coming out" without looking like you've been sitting on the info.

Try this, maybe... Go for a beer with him. Explain anything he tells you is fair game for you to tell your wife and his wife (if she asks). Then go home and say "He's told me everything. I've told him I won't take sides or keep secrets. Do you want to know?". 

Or maybe don't. I dunno. 

Good luck. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Your loyalty is to your mate ultimately. 
    This is terrible advice. Your loyalty should always be to your wife first. Your mate sounds like a right muppet and friendships wax and wane over time so just step back for a while. If you want to stay married I'd advise being honest with your wife and let your mate dig himself out of the hole he's gotten into (no pun intended).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

This is terrible advice. Your loyalty should always be to your wife first. Your mate sounds like a right muppet and friendships wax and wane over time so just step back for a while. If you want to stay married I'd advise being honest with your wife and let your mate dig himself out of the hole he's gotten into (no pun intended).
    I meant the mate over the mate's wife.... mate
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799

Your loyalty is to your mate ultimately. 
    Mate, don't try to mate with your mate's wife.
    Mates don't do that to mates, or their wives.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:

Matey, the mate's mate's wife doesn't need to know about anything our mate decides to do with his mate's wife now that he's found another mate. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    octatonic said:

Matey, the mate's mate's wife doesn't need to know about anything our mate decides to do with his mate's wife now that he's found another mate. 
    just make sure you wear a mates if you mate with your mates mates wife. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Too many moving parts in this story...  (no pun intended)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom