Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gibson blowout - wait or buy?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    edited September 2018
    FWIW I bought a goldtop Classic a few weeks ago, paid 1350.  Tried to get price down to the 1290 that was then the best I could see for the Black and Pelham Blue versions, but nobody wanted to do that on the goldtops.
    The best I could eventually get was 1350 (Thank you, Reidys).  Tried Andertons but they wouldn't go less than 1549, I think it was, and weren't prepared to even price match the other main dealers who were advertising at 50 quid less at that time. Couple of days later they did drop their screen price to match others, just wouldn't do it for me on the phone, hence I bought mine elsewhere. Andertons had about a dozen in stock the day I tried to get the price match and then these were gone within a week so i guess they weren't in a hurry to get down to the 1300 mark, really. Bit disappointed they wouldn't price match though, over 50 quid.  
    Lovely sounding and looking guitar.  The new 2019 ones appear to be quite different, weight relieved too, no P90s, not the same model at all really.    
    That's good to know, thanks. Does seem daft that they wouldn't price match at all. The goldtop is lovely, however I'm starting to lean towards Pelham Blue with cream plastics.
    I've noticed this myself with Andertons lately. Worst bit was that after refusing to price match the guitar, they a couple of days later reduced the price to below the competitor anyway.

I bought from the competitor purely because of this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've found that Reidys are pretty much up there with Coda and Peach in terms of customer service, too. Very pleased with them and, like you, am more than happy to give them my money when they are immediately helpful.  I don't see the point in having a 'price match' option that you don't then honour.
    If I'd been requesting a match to a non-advertised price then ok, but when 3 of the 4 options I had on that day (who had stock and were advertising online) are a miserly 50 quid less, and you won't match it, why would I still give you the business? 
    Thankfully I called Reidys and got a deal that was way better than if Andertons HAD matched those screen prices on the day, so I guess I should be grateful.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom