Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gibson ES335 - Sale started?

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
I'm guessing less stampede-inducing than the R8s but £1499 for a 335 and £1399 for a satin-finish 330 - that's got to be good hasn't it?

No guarantee they will check them before despatch obviously but hey...

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170815313352008-1915757--gibson-es-335-dot-wine-red-2018-10048714
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6069
     Rats, was hoping they would blow out the P90 Sunset Bursts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    The es 335 has been on at 1599 for a short while, but another 100 off seems to be signalling they want rid of them!

Tbh I hate the 2018 dots black binding, pretty much the only reason I'm not as tempted as I should be. Not a fan of the blue burst either.
  • I’ve seen the Memphis pricing for 2019 and it’s very good, far lower than 2018, just saying....... there’s a few welcome returns as well
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I’ve seen the Memphis pricing for 2019 and it’s very good, far lower than 2018, just saying....... there’s a few welcome returns as well
    You minge-teasing bastard!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    I’ve seen the Memphis pricing for 2019 and it’s very good, far lower than 2018, just saying....... there’s a few welcome returns as well
    Think the studios are making a return aren't they. I'm going to hold out and see what they've got to offer.

Apparently cheaper studio variations of their acoustics too, j45 and hummingbird studios.

This is all from the reverb article BTW.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Gerz6558 said:
    Hattigol said:
    Think the studios are making a return aren't they. I'm going to hold out and see what they've got to offer.

Apparently cheaper studio variations of their acoustics too, j45 and hummingbird studios.

Do you have a link to the article?
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846

Figured ES-335s for less than GGs current price of £2599? Id be surprised...and slightly annoyed as I bought one this morning!
    TINMAN82 said:

Figured ES-335s for less than GGs current price of £2599? Id be surprised...and slightly annoyed as I bought one this morning!

In fact...£3699 according to Andertons so just the £1100 cheaper! https://www.andertons.co.uk//gibson-memphis-2019
    terada said:

Just tried accessing it again and they've pulled the page! Maybe they slightly jumped the gun. 

They said the j45 studio was $1499, I'm sure we will get our pants pulled down as usual with a straight £1499.
  • TINMAN82 said:

Full gloss 335’s with hard cases will be starting at less than £2499
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Gerz6558 said:
    terada said:

Just tried accessing it again and they've pulled the page! Maybe they slightly jumped the gun. 

They said the j45 studio was $1499, I'm sure we will get our pants pulled down as usual with a straight £1499.
    Thanks for the info - they didn't happen to say anything about a J45 standard did they (just bought one, don't want to get shafted)?
    TINMAN82 said:

Studio I assume, I can live with that
    terada said:
    Thanks for the info - they didn't happen to say anything about a J45 standard did they (just bought one, don't want to get shafted)?
    No problem. No it didn't really go into too much detail really, one paragraph on the acoustics; mostly detailing the models which will have a studio variant.

Hopefully not long to wait now until all will be revealed. 
    terada said:
    Gerz6558 said:
    terada said:

Found the new j45 studio: https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gibson-J-45-Studio-2019-Antique-Natural/2GTM

The j45 standard: https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gibson-J-45-Standard-2019-Vintage-Sunburst/2GTA

Not sure if these are just placeholder prices.

Gerz6558 said:
    terada said:
    Gerz6558 said:
    terada said:

Found the new j45 studio: https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gibson-J-45-Studio-2019-Antique-Natural/2GTM

The j45 standard: https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gibson-J-45-Standard-2019-Vintage-Sunburst/2GTA

Not sure if these are just placeholder prices.

£2249... suspect that’s true given current sale price is £1699
    TINMAN82 said:
    £2249... suspect that’s true given current sale price is £1699
    You're probably right. Really hope the dots aren't this price in that case then: https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Gibson-ES-335-Dot-2019-Antique-Faded-Red/2J54

If only the 2018 at 1499 looked like that. Funny what different coloured binding can do to the desirability of a guitar. Might be just me, black binding just cheapens the look for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Hattigol said:
    I'm guessing less stampede-inducing than the R8s but £1499 for a 335 and £1399 for a satin-finish 330 - that's got to be good hasn't it?

No guarantee they will check them before despatch obviously but hey...

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170815313352008-1915757--gibson-es-335-dot-wine-red-2018-10048714
    Quite a bargain! I’m going to find it very hard to resist buying one. Thanks for ruining my weekend.
  • TINMAN82 said:
    TINMAN82 said:

TINMAN82 said:
    TINMAN82 said:

Nope!