Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gibson ES335 - Sale started?

What's Hot

Comments

• @peachguitarsdotcom ...you're a tease! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m back on Wednesday. All will be revealed then. Serious Peach/Fretboard collaborations need to happen......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m excited and I don’t even want a Gibson. When’s the Fender CS sales ???
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    Or you could get a SA2200 for £1450.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    Here we again! Will it beat the R8 thread count when it’s done and dusted I wonder :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27561
    I’m back on Wednesday. All will be revealed then. Serious Peach/Fretboard collaborations need to happen......
    John @peachguitarsdotcom - I was planning on putting my theFretBoard admin hat on, and coming down to Colchester for a chat with precisely that in mind.  I guessed your PMs here would probably be overloaded with "other matters", so I was waiting for you to get back from hols before getting in touch.

PM me if you're bored of watching sunsets and waves breaking gently on beaches, or whatever you're up to.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
    Or you could just buy my mint condition 1999 335 in the classifieds  ;)
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    edited August 2018
    I have a 63 block 335 (2014 historicburst vos 50th anniversary model) I could be tempted to part with...
  • @peachguitarsdotcom ;
    Any Gibson Les Paul Standard or Traditionals being blown out on Wednesday? :)
  • @peachguitarsdotcom ;
    Any Gibson Les Paul Standard or Traditionals being blown out on Wednesday? :)
    No. Gibson just haven’t had enough stock of those models 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    ... Black binding??? yuk
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I never noticed how far the neck extends into the body on those models.  Terrible upper fret access.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    57Deluxe said:
    ... Black binding??? yuk
    Agreed. Makes it look like a Studio to my eyes.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    If you think a £1499 ES335 is going to feel, play and sound the same as a £3499 ES335 then you really need to try both before you buy.  They are not the same.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Chalky said:
    If you think a £1499 ES335 is going to feel, play and sound the same as a £3499 ES335 then you really need to try both before you buy.  They are not the same.
    I don't think anyone's suggesting that?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Chalky said:
    That sounds like a Marks & Spencer’s advert....

”this isn’t just a 335, this is a £3499 335”

:-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Chalky said:
    Quite. With Gibson, it’s entirely possible the £3499 version will be much worse than the £1499 one!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Chalky said:
    Quite. With Gibson, it’s entirely possible the £3499 version will be much worse than the £1499 one!
    Maybe :)

But the OP says "£1499 for a 335...... that's got to be good hasn't it?" and my point is that it might not be.  Its a bargain if you are getting a £3000 guitar for half price but if you're getting a £1750 guitar for slightly less then its not quite the bargain it seems. 

All ES335s are not the same, and Gibson has demonstrated in the past that it can build ES335 guitars down to a price, and the result is not the same and definitely not as good.

A few years ago they did a cheap run and the resulting guitars were pretty crappy.  I bought one after trying five at GG.  They were nowhere near as good as my other ES335s.  Worth their £1499 price tag, but no more than that and not a "bargain".