Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New ThorpyFX pedal, "The Dane" Danish Pete's Signature pedal

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I think the Kot is probably better compared to the Peacekeeper personally.
    The Dane is like a small sliver of a larger range but incredibly detailed. Rather like looking like a microscooe at a slide.
    Sorry, it made sense in my head....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    After a few days with it, I think the Velcro is coming out and this could well be on its way to replacing two of my beloved Mad Professor main stays. It’s a glorious sounding low to mid gainer.
  • Spent 30 mins. playing it - honestly it's a stunning pedal.
    Combines well with my RYRA and Thorpy Veteran, but it just ace on its own.
    So much more musical than my departed KOT.
    FWIW....I am drive complete.
    It's gonna be a long long honeymoon......Jon
  • JonHosker said:
    Spent 30 mins. playing it - honestly it's a stunning pedal.
    Combines well with my RYRA and Thorpy Veteran, but it just ace on its own.
    So much more musical than my departed KOT.
    FWIW....I am drive complete.
    It's gonna be a long long honeymoon......Jon
    Ha ha I've said that few times before lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Is this going to continue to be an Andertons exclusive due to it being Pete? Also, any chance of some cool offerings with the next batch?! HAHAHAH!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6148
    tFB Trader
    Is this going to continue to be an Andertons exclusive due to it being Pete? Also, any chance of some cool offerings with the next batch?! HAHAHAH!
    its an exclusive for a set period of time, thereafter it'll be available everywhere. what do you mean by cool offerings?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Ah sorry, partly just playing on the fact I missed out on the signed ones, etc.
  • Number 142 has been happily homed for the last week, and intends to remain!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Well a few weeks on and I’m loving mine, well done Mr. Thorpy, it’s a cracking pedal. It’s knocked off and replaced two longer termers on my board, I now have just The Dane and (keeping the Danish theme) a Trex Mudhoney (equally delightful) for drive pedals.

Did a little vid of the two together to check that I had them dialled in to compliment each other...

https://youtu.be/oUKhdwTb204

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    Well a few weeks on and I’m loving mine, well done Mr. Thorpy, it’s a cracking pedal. It’s knocked off and replaced two longer termers on my board, I now have just The Dane and (keeping the Danish theme) a Trex Mudhoney (equally delightful) for drive pedals.

Did a little vid of the two together to check that I had them dialled in to compliment each other...

I’m so pleased it’s hit the mark so nicely! Thanks so much for b using one and thank you for the video too! Great playing. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    edited September 2018
    dindude said:

Cracking real world tones there. Stacks well with the Trex too!!

What strat have you got there?
    MikeB said:
    dindude said:

Cracking real world tones there. Stacks well with the Trex too!!

What strat have you got there?

I don't actual stack them, that's The Dane on its own to start with, then Mudhoney on its own.

Strat is my new baby - it's a Custom Shop 1960 NOS - it helps as it's a stunning sounding guitar.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Nice one D and glad it's delivering. Just don't get rid of the LGW - it's served you well and is a bit special and more than a TS-type pedal :)
    Kebabkid said:
    Nice one D and glad it's delivering. Just don't get rid of the LGW - it's served you well and is a bit special and more than a TS-type pedal :)
    Yeah it’s a bit weird after the LGW has been part of my rig for so long, I won’t get rid just yet, but for the sounds I’m going for right now it didn’t have quite enough gain for juicy leads with Single Coils, and was a bit too “lead thick” for Strat neck pickup tones. 

One thing this this process has taught me is that we can get too sentimental with kit, it’s just kit at the end of the day - “cheating” on my old Strat for this new one, and taking the LGW off the board has been liberating, and I thought about it way too much in the run up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Yeah it’s a bit weird after the LGW has been part of my rig for so long, I won’t get rid just yet, but for the sounds I’m going for right now it didn’t have quite enough gain for juicy leads with Single Coils, and was a bit too “lead thick” for Strat neck pickup tones. 

One thing this this process has taught me is that we can get too sentimental with kit, it’s just kit at the end of the day - “cheating” on my old Strat for this new one, and taking the LGW off the board has been liberating, and I thought about it way too much in the run up.
    Wis for this. I've kept my Hotcake a really long time because it was "the pedal" for my first originals band, which broke up about 8 years ago. I've really hardly used it since and not sure I ever will, but I like knowing it's there. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2199
    Any views on how the Dane sounds with Humbuckers or is it more tuned for SCs?

Love the clarity and dynamics in the demos with a Tele but wondering how it would work with a 335 or LP.....

tFB Trader
    Fishboy7 said:

Love the clarity and dynamics in the demos with a Tele but wondering how it would work with a 335 or LP.....

to be a useful signature pedal it need to meet petes needs entirely.... he uses telecasters, strats and also a hum bucker laden ernie ball cutlass....

me personally i play mainly humbuckers. therefore...... I'm certain you'll be happy, you just need to use less gain and you won't need as much bass on the boost side.
  • Fishboy7 said:

It's excellent. Virtually all my guitars are loaded with humbuckers. My go to guitar is one of my Les Pauls. The Dane works superbly with them, and I've had mine a while (it's an early one with Pete's DNA inside it  :)).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2199
    Thanks.  I will grab one. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5042
    edited March 2019
    I didn’t get a quip, just a signature and date! And one of the previous owners snaffled the Lego and plectrum...
    https://i.imgur.com/X2LBziv.jpg
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/