Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Quad Jam (Nov 2018AD) FINAL Set list thread...

What's Hot

Comments

• Lodious said:
    I don't really know any of the songs and with work as it is, I don't think I will have time to learn much. Am I OK to just come down and maybe do some noodling?
    Well I've had little practice since September due to so much personal life crap going on so apart from doing rhythm on Thin Lizzy I'm in same boat. Was about to drop out but you putting that made me feel better!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry guys life has been busy but I will be coming into Leicester Friday am and leaving Sunday pm. 
    I'll need a loan of guitar (and any other associated equipment) for Holiday Road / Knockin' on Heaven's Door, please :) 

Will seriously need to find out what there is to do for the pretty much 3 days I'll be there for...!!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5373
    @thomassross20 you're welcome to borrow anything I'm bringing, although others will probably have posher stuff on offer
  • Thanks one and all :)
    Btw this thing is 11-6.... are folk bringing food or having a big breakfast as I'll be starving lol...
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Thanks one and all :)
    Btw this thing is 11-6.... are folk bringing food or having a big breakfast as I'll be starving lol...
    Food? what's that?

Ha, no, seriously, we thought you were arranging a massive sandwich spread ... with cake ... yes, lots of cake.....  ;)
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited November 2018
    Eh? lol 
    I'm just looking on tripadvisor, dunno what I'm gonna be doing there for the best part of three days lol
    --> "Miss Bowie" at "The Shed" on Fri night sounds good. 
    --> Market looks good, as does the New Walk Museum :)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6814
    Space museum is ok for a few hours.

event starts at 12 (I think), but we’ll appreciate the help setting up in the main room.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • What time should we aim to get there? I think it says 11-6 on first page... 
    What time should we aim to get there? I think it says 11-6 on first page... 
    @bridgehouse ??
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    mrkb said:
    What time should we aim to get there? I think it says 11-6 on first page... 
    @bridgehouse ??
    Yep - aim for between 11 - 11.30 

Main event will be 12-5
  • Right-o.. unless I've been out getting smashed at this Bowie gig (highly doubtful :lol:) I'll be there!! :)
  • @thomasross20 ...I thought I was bringing my R8 for you to play with? If it's too shit for you no worries  ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    @thomasross20 ...I thought I was bringing my R8 for you to play with? If it's too shit for you no worries  ;) 
    Common as fucking muck them...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Eh? lol 
    I'm just looking on tripadvisor, dunno what I'm gonna be doing there for the best part of three days lol
    --> "Miss Bowie" at "The Shed" on Fri night sounds good. 
    --> Market looks good, as does the New Walk Museum :)
    You could always cruise the aisles at Tesco. Or pay homage at the King Power.
    @thomasross20 ...I thought I was bringing my R8 for you to play with? If it's too shit for you no worries  ;) 
    Is there anyone that ISNT bringing one!?!?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Is there anyone that ISNT bringing one!?!?
    Me! I'll be driving a different car. The R8's too small to fit my guitar stuff. And the temptation to floor it is a licence busting move I'd rather avoid.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11756
    fandango said:
    Food? what's that?

Ha, no, seriously, we thought you were arranging a massive sandwich spread ... with cake ... yes, lots of cake.....  ;)
    Im sure there is an Asda "across the road"...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • fandango said:
    Food? what's that?

I was hoping @Bridgehouse waa gonna bring a metric ton of South African meat. I'm sure he promised. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    fandango said:
    Food? what's that?

I was hoping @Bridgehouse waa gonna bring a metric ton of South African meat. I'm sure he promised. 
    Biltong? You want Biltong as well?!

Sheesh
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    I don't think that there is anywhere close by to Quad to buy food. it isn't very far from the town but it is the other side of a dual carriageway. May be worth bringing food and drink with you. Coffee was available at the studio the previous times.