Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar brands that everyone love?

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Schnozz said:
    I've never heard a bad word about Feline! So them!
    I read this everywhere on here, but when members are flush with £2.5K, they throw it at a company that doesn't give a monkeys...

Odd.
    OK - hold onto your hats ....big announcement coming soon.

I'm going to have a big pre-Xmas blowout sale of all the guitars we have in stock other than the 25th Anniversaries.
    Some of those guitars can be seen here: http://www.felineguitars.com/shop/shop_guitars.html

I'll only post it here on the Fretboard Forum. 
    Also from every sale I will donate £20 "on your behalf" to the Fretboard funds
    If you get more than 1000 views of your thread I'll do one of my fretboardized joke songs for it :)
    This threads at 750 views... will a song be coming here too? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My list of rarely, if ever, criticised:
    Squier
    Epiphone
    Yamaha
    Feline

The first three because they are phenomenal for the outlay and the last one because they are phenomenal, period!
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Faith in the acoustic world, rarely heard a bad word said about one. 
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    Rocker said:
    If there is a better built guitar than an Anderson, I would love to see it.
    There aren't many at all.
    I've been around their factory and the attention to detail they put in to everything is impeccable.
  • Levinson blade make superb guitars.  
    I like old tokai and yamaha guitars .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2948
    Another vote for Yamaha, as a large/long established brand who've been consistent over the years.

And Reverend for a newcomer building a reputation - especially as they've been striking out in new directions with original designs and features like their bass contour control. They've also managed the Eastern production line arrangement well, with all instruments getting a final fettling in the USA.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited September 2018
    Caparison are good. They can be a touch expensive though.

Dingwall was a very good shout earlier in the thread.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Taylors get a good rap
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Schnozz said:
    I read this everywhere on here, but when members are flush with £2.5K, they throw it at a company that doesn't give a monkeys...

Odd.

I'm going to have a big pre-Xmas blowout sale of all the guitars we have in stock other than the 25th Anniversaries.
    Some of those guitars can be seen here: http://www.felineguitars.com/shop/shop_guitars.html

If you get more than 1000 views of your thread I'll do one of my fretboardized joke songs for it
    I'm hoping if it's in the classifieds it will get more than the 7 views it'd get in Made In UK.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• I have to admit, I'm struggling to think of a "perfect" manufacturer of guitars. I mean, I'm a bit of a Fender fanboy, but they've made plenty of guitars I don't like. Until recently, it was as if they'd made a concerted effort to make Jazzmasters solely for people who don't like Jazzmasters!

I like the look of some Yamahas, and own an SGV800, yet I never managed to bond with it in the same way that I take to Fenders. It's hard to put my finger on it, as it's not like the SGV is bad in any way, but it's just not "me". None of the other Yamahas I've tried made me feel any better about them.

The Ibanez guitars I've played have been pretty damn good, but they don't really make anything to my tastes any more. I keep having a hankering for a Sonic Blue Blazer, mainly because that's my "one that got away" guitar. I do wonder whether I'd like it now, though.

I've only played the one Taylor, a 914, which was shockingly bad. I know of one luthier whose bread and butter work is repairing splits in Taylors, which doesn't exactly fill me with hope.

The Martins I've tried have been around 50/50 great/awful.

The British craftsmen I see on here make some jaw-droppingly exquisite guitars, but always seem to make the kinds of guitar that aren't for me. Can you even get a British-made, Fender-style Offset?
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Martyn Booth guitars
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I have to admit, I'm struggling to think of a "perfect" manufacturer of guitars. I mean, I'm a bit of a Fender fanboy, but they've made plenty of guitars I don't like. Until recently, it was as if they'd made a concerted effort to make Jazzmasters solely for people who don't like Jazzmasters!
    Makes sense, it's hipsters who buy them and hipsters only like things that they don't like - for irony :P
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Furch?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10455
    tFB Trader
    Schnozz said:

Odd.

I'll post it here first on the Fretboard Forum, so you chaps can get first dibs.....

Great news
    Just don't go into into a Felinebird X period afterwards ... and fit all Lions with robot tuners ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• LuttiS said:
    Schnozz said:

Odd.

If you get more than 1000 views of your thread I'll do one of my fretboardized joke songs for it :)
    This threads at 750 views... will a song be coming here too? :)
    I don't want to overdo it :)

Special occasions only... 

• Schnozz said:

Odd.

If you get more than 1000 views of your thread I'll do one of my fretboardized joke songs for it
    I'm hoping if it's in the classifieds it will get more than the 7 views it'd get in Made In UK.
    Yeah - the reading count for MiUK is pretty poor :(
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    For me the closest I've seen to perfection with guitar brands would be Patrick James Eggle guitars. My new 96 I have is stunning. Every single one of his guitars I've played has blown me away. 
    His guitars have, long with the likes of Nik Huber and Tom Anderson. The best build quality I've ever seen. But with the stunning quality theres still bags of character. Not sterile at all.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10455
    tFB Trader

Schnozz said:

Odd.

Yeah - the reading count for MiUK is pretty poor :(
    Amen to that ... when you post in MiUK you have to duck the tumbleweeds :-) 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    What about Jackson guitars? Other than being pointy does anyone have an issue with them? 
  • Larrivee acoustics, Levinson Blade