Soldered pedalboard cables? suggestions...

Hey guys, gonna make up some soldered cables for my board changing from 10+ years of solderless ones, anyone recommend some good cable and jack ends? standard neutrik ones look alittle too bulky i think. Looking at mogami 2319 for cable i think. Any thoughts or experiences would be welcome. cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Hicon Pancakes and van Damme cable will get the job done and not cost the earth. designacable.com stock both and will make them up for you.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639

Cable type hardly matters so long as it is rugged and easy to work with. I would avoid anything with the greasy ***t "anti-microphonic coating.

Tips for the pancake jacks. Scrape/file off the bright plating at the solder points, it makes them much easier to solder. If they use those tiny screws, use a dab of 'er nail varnish on the threads or heat shrink. Better both!

Dave.

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    simonk said:
    Hicon Pancakes and van Damme cable will get the job done and not cost the earth. designacable.com stock both and will make them up for you.
    Worth considering that pancake jacks can be problematic on pedals where jacks are very close together - looking at you Strymon! For other purposes though they are pretty good - @ecc83 advice is worth heeding re the screws. And don't drop the screws - looking for them is no fun!