Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Buyers that stop responding to messages

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Thing is it was all totally unnecessary. All he had to say to the OP was “I’m dealing with some shit at the moment, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. If you still want to do the deal I can sort it out this weekend. If not GLWTS and sorry if you felt I was ignoring you.” End of story.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • There was certainly some douche baggery about that post, but I'm sure I've seen much much worse on here. 

Lack of judgement? Was it anything more? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Jimbro66 said:
    RMJ said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    Hey Wonderland. My ears are burning. Sorry to break your beautifully woven narrative, that of the dishonorable cad 'hiding behind the internet' etc, but the truth is that having just bought an R8 (see appropriate thread) as well as a new EGC, and dealing with a other more important (and shock horror, non-guitar related) things in real life, this relatively low price deal didnt figure that highly on my list of priorities. My apologies that I didnt immediately drop everything and give you my full attention when you sent a string of inconveniently timed messages. I was planning on getting back in touch this weekend to try and sort out courier details and all that boring shit when the mood took me and I had a few moments, but I think perhaps that moment has now passed. Oh yeah -  GLWTS

When I saw this post earlier today I assumed it was intended to be funny, if tasteless. It didn't cross my mind that the guy was actually serious. Ye god's! What a total arsehole
    What if bloodeagle genuinely had some unpleasant life shit to deal with and wasn't himself when he wrote that? I'm not defending him or what was written, but it appears the pitchforks have come out without full appreciation of the circumstances leading up to this.

I don't know the guy, but if he is having a hard time banning him is likely to put him in an even worse place. This forum could be his only outlet and now it's been taken away from him.
    Really? So having some shit in your life justifies a post like that? I just hope the guy convinces the admins that he really was joking and was taken the wrong way.

We've had some members here with the worst sort of shit in their lives but I don't remember any of them ever posting in anything like that manner. 
    People cope in different ways. I for one am prone to an outburst if I'm having a difficult time. What I'd like in that situation would be for someone to give a shit, not run me out of town for not conforming when I have an otherwise good track record. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    There is a boxer called Nathan Cleverly who recently retired and has since started posting rants and outbursts on Twitter that are out of character. The majority are telling him to lay of drugs and stay off social media. Maybe it's a cry for help? 

Not saying this is anyway similar but this forum seems quick to jump to conclusions at times. Terse/inappropriate post = aresehole. Not necessarily the case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    octatonic said:
    Should we just post our bank balances/penis sizes then?
    If that's what does it for you :-D
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23316
    Why does this place always seem to be on the verge of a meltdown?

We all have bad days, we're all capable of saying or posting something rude or insensitive - perhaps even unintentionally - which pisses people off and turns into a row.

But when that happens, why do people always stomp off never to return?  If you make an arsey comment and start a row, wouldn't it be possible to back down a bit and maybe just apologise?  Even if you don't 100% mean it?  Is it so difficult to be a bit diplomatic?

It shouldn't be up to everyone else to make allowances for an unknown "something" which might be the cause of someone's behaviour.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Why does this place always seem to be on the verge of a meltdown?

We all have bad days, we're all capable of saying or posting something rude or insensitive - perhaps even unintentionally - which pisses people off and turns into a row.

But when that happens, why do people always stomp off never to return?  If you make an arsey comment and start a row, wouldn't it be possible to back down a bit and maybe just apologise?  Even if you don't 100% mean it?  Is it so difficult to be a bit diplomatic?

It shouldn't be up to everyone else to make allowances for an unknown "something" which might be the cause of someone's behaviour.
    Agreed, but people should be given the chance to reflect. That might have been the case here ....I don't know
  • Wow, What happened here? I originally posted this asking for some advice of what to do next as I've never sold anything on a forum before. (Tons on Ebay for 20 years without ever a single hitch). I posted my gear on here so maybe people could get hold of it a little cheaper than on ebay, as I checked all my prices and put them at the lower end of what similar items had been sold on ebay. This guy BloodEagle said within an hour of posting he wanted one of the guitars and to mark it as sold. We then spent a week pm'ing/texting he wanted further pics etc.. then all went quiet from him. Over the next 4 days I sent a pm one day, a text the next, left it a day and then sent another text just asking if he could let me know if he was arranging a courier or collecting. On the last text I said I could even deliver it for him this coming Monday as I'd be a mile from his house for a family members funeral. He ignored all the messages whilst all the time merrily posting daily on here about his R8 purchase. The fact is i dont think he had personal stuff going on at all. As someone said earlier it would have took seconds to return a text saying "will sort this out at the weekend". The money doesn't matter to me, I'm not selling because I need the money. He just didn't have the decency to say "after I've messed you about for a week I'm not going for it after all because something else better has come along". I didn't post this to get anyone banned, I said I wasn't even going to name and shame, he did that himself. It was frustrating dealing with him but its just not that bigger a deal to me, I moved on and re-listed after reading the first couple of reply's on here. His response which I read at 5am this morning was juvenile, stupid and confrontational which I just chose to ignore. An internet slagging match is just so not my thing at all. On a better note the other member who went silent on me sent me a very appologetic pm this morning explainig his reasons why, seamed genuinely sorry and now all is good.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 24reaction image Wisdom
  • @Wonderland if you're going to fit in around here, you're going to have to up your "Knee Jerk", "Grudge" and "Flounce" games considerably. 

This calm and measured level headed stuff is bang out of order! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27790
    On a better note the other member who went silent on me sent me a very appologetic pm this morning explainig his reasons why, seamed genuinely sorry and now all is good.

And that's probably a good place to end this thread before Saturday night takes over.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.