Favourite Fuzzdogs?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I've had a few kits from musikding in Germany. shipping is €8 or something stupidly reasonable and I've not once been stung by customs. They stock pedalPCB and parasi studios
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    I have a box full of kits just arrived on my desk :)

Slow Gear
    Karma Suture
    Deep Vibes
    Red Llama
    Tubebender

Should keep me going for a good while. Where's good for finished enclosures - Tayda? Does anywhere also drill from a template you send them without charging 50 quid?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    I have a box full of kits just arrived on my desk :)

Slow Gear
    Karma Suture
    Deep Vibes
    Red Llama
    Tubebender

Should keep me going for a good while. Where's good for finished enclosures - Tayda? Does anywhere also drill from a template you send them without charging 50 quid?
    I have been buying all my enclosures pre drilled from Tayda. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    Brill - I thought I'd remembered right. Will look them up at lunchtime. I still have my pretty boxes I got last year but not sure what circuits to put in those as they're too nice to waste! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited April 2022
    Is that the ‘3 band Rat’? What does it sound like? I always wished my Rat had more EQ control.
    Its called the ‘baxandall rodent’ on Fuzzdog,  its my favourite distortion hands down.
     Ive own quite a few Rat variants, and this has the most wide ranging tonal control, can get very biting and aggresive.
     Ive built two of them now.

i believe Fuzzdog do a 3 band eq version aswell,  which i have not tried.
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 404
    JTM, Squeezer and Boner have been my favourites.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Is that the ‘3 band Rat’? What does it sound like? I always wished my Rat had more EQ control.
    Yes, its called the ‘baxandall rodent’ on Fuzzdog,  its my favourite distortion hands down.
     Ive own quite a few Rat variants, and this has the most wide ranging tonal control, can get very biting and aggresive.
     Ive built two of them now.

i believe Fuzzdog do a 3 band eq version aswell,  which i have not tried.
    How is the treble on those? The thing that's put me off trying one is that on the regular rat circuit I usually run the filter up at 3pm - a low pass is different than a high shelf turned down, so my worry has been it'll either be too bright or too muffled, without getting the bright-into-low-pass-filter sound I like.
  • @Cirrus i personally like things on the trebly side….Maybe cos im 40+ and losing a bit of those frequencies though:)

The last rat i had was the Black mass 231 multi-rat thing. I found literally all the settings too muddy, missing clarity and some bite.

• LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 134
    @Cirrus i personally like things on the trebly side….Maybe cos im 40+ and losing a bit of those frequencies though:)

The last rat i had was the Black mass 231 multi-rat thing. I found literally all the settings too muddy, missing clarity and some bite.

Thanks for the info - I’m VERY tempted to buy a 3 band rat now 
  • Gristleizer was a bugger to fit inside this enclosure. Got there in the end though and sounds ace.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Gristleizer was a bugger to fit inside this enclosure. Got there in the end though and sounds ace.

That looks very cool!
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    I've just finished a Tube Bender kit. No photo as it's in an unfinished box with no knobs at the moment, but it sounds good!

I must get my daughter (who's doing illustration at Uni) to do some artwork for me.

R.
  • LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 134
    I've just finished a Tube Bender kit. No photo as it's in an unfinished box with no knobs at the moment, but it sounds good!

I must get my daughter (who's doing illustration at Uni) to do some artwork for me.

R.
    I'm enjoying mine - it's a pedal with it's own character, different flavour of overdrive. The closest thing I've come across to it is the Red Llama. It does a sort of open crunch, slightly rough sounding. Can go from almost no distortion to full on JCM800 type thing. Doesn't quite sound valvey to me, but it's a sound I want to keep in my box because it has authority. 

It sounds best run into my Blues Crab (Marshall Bluesbreaker clone) and then the clean channel of my HRD DLX. Or into the drive channel. Will do a video when I have the time because there's not much on Youtube. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom