Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD: '59 Strat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Wow and its a 10 hole scratch plate. Fender went from the single ply scratch plate with 8 screw holes 54-59 then added two extra screws first with the new three ply W,B,W plate, before going with the 11 screw plate they use to this day.

I'd like to build a partscaster of this guitar; scoured the internet for a repro 10 hole scratch plate, could I find one grrrrrrrr lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3638
    Gorgeous!

I fancy one of those myself. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23076
    Steve54 said:
    Wow and its a 10 hole scratch plate. Fender went from the single ply scratch plate with 8 screw holes 54-59 then added two extra screws first with the new three ply W,B,W plate, before going with the 11 screw plate they use to this day.

I'd like to build a partscaster of this guitar; scoured the internet for a repro 10 hole scratch plate, could I find one grrrrrrrr lol
    Crikey, hats off to you for spotting that.  I didn't know they'd ever made a 10 hole scratchplate.
  • Steve54 said:
    Wow and its a 10 hole scratch plate. Fender went from the single ply scratch plate with 8 screw holes 54-59 then added two extra screws first with the new three ply W,B,W plate, before going with the 11 screw plate they use to this day.

I think you can source the replacement one (for this model) from fender. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fender-009-4028-049-Mint-Vintage-59-Stratocaster-Pickguard/dp/B00IJY9WBW (out of stock now but you might be able to find elsewhere).Philly_Q said:
    Steve54 said:

Crikey, hats off to you for spotting that.  I didn't know they'd ever made a 10 hole scratchplate.
    Apparently it's one of the more accurate reissues made, correct placement of string tree, neck profile, 10 hole, pat pending saddles etc. I wouldn't be able to tell you how it differs from all the RIs from 84? onwards though. If I'm not mistaken, they even released a maple neck 59 AV strat (corresponding to earlier part of 59) and slab board neck 59 AV strat (which would have been released later in 59). I came across this site a couple of evenings ago, very nice info: http://guitarhq.com/59strat.html
  • strat84strat84 Frets: 322
    edited September 2018
    Congrats danishbacon! Looks a beauty 
  • Nearly a month in, happy to report that the guitar is as good as it seems on paper. High E came a bit high from the shop so saddle has come down a hair but otherwise the setup was spot on for the vintage radius.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    Gorgeous!  <3  Love the colour - it's not far off my absolute favourite colour for a 'vintage' strat of lake placid blue that's oxidised/yellowed and looks like a  metalic teal/turquoise colour. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2307
    That's gorgeous.