Q418 "Abomination" Progress.....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    But I will have shwang!
    Is that a Euphamism?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • More than likely! 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27506
    If that Creamery bridge p'up has some "oomph", this could be a handy guitar!

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    Nice one Paul!
    edited October 2018
    Thought process possibly affected by a few pints o Bitter last night, I woke up a some ungodly hour, thinking "Have I mounted the Bigsby too far back and will the strings be too short?"
    How mental is that, so mental I had to get up and throw it together to find out!.....I put everything on as a cheeky mockup.....

Good news is all is fine!
    Better news is it looks epic!
    Bad news Ive been up for hours!......

Weather on the South Island is stunning after yesterdays pouring down, so it will get dismantled for a (hopefully) final coat of paint, then hang for a week.....

Photo.....
    Does it need a scratchplate?
    Is it Orange enough?

http://i.imgur.com/eLebXd5.jpg

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks good without a scratchplate
    As is generally the case with the final coat, I got a bloody run!.......It will sand out, but....bugger!

• simonbeckwithsimonbeckwith Frets: 215
    edited October 2018
    Dejavu!
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1240
    It's looking good, but I think it needs some kind of scratchplate or at least a graphic on that horn.
    As it is, it looks like a big area of nothing, that's out of balance with the rest, and probably isn't helped by the squareness of the bridge plate. I think if it was mine, I'd look at a new combined bridge plate/scratchguard that compliments the body shape.
    Back from hols a few days early as the pink one was not well enough to stay any longer, too much too soon,
    before we went I managed to get a final coat on, luckily the run I got the previous day levelled itself to the point that I couldn't find it...result! So it hung from the curtain rail in the spare room for a few days while we were away, found a bit of time yesterday to fit some parts and the photos show where I'm at.....I don"t have the mounting screws for the P90 and also need to order string ferrules to fill the string through holes at the rear, also need to order Tele chrome knobs then wire it up. A small shim in the neck pocket sorted string height....
    Trem stability is amazing, it returns to pitch exactly.....I think the reverse headstock helps a bit as the wound strings travel further along the headstock thus the break angle over the nut is less than normal, I would expect most binding from the wound strings as they are not smooth, whatever, it works better than I expected.......
    I'm messing with paper scratchplate ideas, but quite like it as is......the boy @simonbeckwith will probably get the final say as it will probably end up in the boot of his car when he and the family come down next......I already have too many!....

Anyroadup, photos......

http://i.imgur.com/jkHCHR0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TvM8Y99.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YiwVGTx.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Need a bigger car!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That looks different.  I like it.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo