Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

G&L USA Guitars (Andertons)

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7552
    Genuine question as I don't know how retail works - if theY buy as a single group, and charge the same price, how is that not price fixing? 

I mean, I get that it must not be, but what does constitute not-ok-price fixing? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28668
    I think it's only price fixing if they agree to sell at the same price.

If they all buy at the same price, and all put the same margin on, that ends up with the same price, without anything underhand. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14368
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    Genuine question as I don't know how retail works - if theY buy as a single group, and charge the same price, how is that not price fixing? 

I mean, I get that it must not be, but what does constitute not-ok-price fixing? 
    more a case of a supplier having a price agreement within part of a stocking policy and as such they are seen to be controlling the market place
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    I think as part of their buying group agreement they probably have it in writing that they will all
    agree to a MAP as set by G&L but can otherwise “sell for what they like.” Literally to avoid trouble...

Will be interesting to see if this sudden glut of inventory actually moves or whether they’ll all have to blow it out in 9 months...