p.s.a l/h Fender classic vibe strat bargain

What's Hot
mark123mark123 Frets: 1326
free postage i have no affiliation with the seller

Fender-Squier-Classic-Vibe-Stratocaster-60s-Final-Reduction-/323384790550?itemId=323384790550&du=1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Fender?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1326
    yup click the link
    What am I looking for in the link? Looks like a normal Squier to me.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4949
    thegummy said:
    What am I looking for in the link? Looks like a normal Squier to me.
    Apparently these days, the "by Fender" on a Squier means Fender.
  • steersteer Frets: 1200
    Volkswagen own Lamborghini, therefore I own a Lamborghini.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    steer said:
    Volkswagen own Lamborghini, therefore I own a Lamborghini.
    Wasn't sure whether to click lol or wisdom cause it's funny but it really is the same thing as calling a Squier a Fender.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1326
    ????w.t.f ???sorry its a squier classic vibe strat l/h at a bargain price .
    just trying to help one of our leftys get a bargain
    i will keep my gob shut next tome !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    mark123 said:
    ????w.t.f ???sorry its a squier classic vibe strat l/h at a bargain price .
    just trying to help one of our leftys get a bargain
    i will keep my gob shut next tome !!
    Good on you mate. If it was the other way round and telecaster shaped i'd have it in a shot.
  • If only I was a lefty  :s
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3602
    Cv Squier, way better than most lower end Fenders. Seriously though, I had a standard , bought it new at the beginning of last year, build quality was phenomenal, I seem to remember the neck pocket being lovely and tight, most Fenders Ive seen you could drive a bus into the neck pocket gaps. It was just the frets that felt like railway tracks than I couldn't get on with, they were huge.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    robgilmo said:
    Cv Squier, way better than most lower end Fenders. Seriously though, I had a standard , bought it new at the beginning of last year, build quality was phenomenal, I seem to remember the neck pocket being lovely and tight, most Fenders Ive seen you could drive a bus into the neck pocket gaps. It was just the frets that felt like railway tracks than I couldn't get on with, they were huge.
    How many fenders have you actually compared?
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3602
    Just the one, and that was made in 1994.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    robgilmo said:
    Just the one, and that was made in 1994.
    Lol not much of a basis for comparison.

There's a lot of internet hype about upper end squiers but I think people are getting carried away saying they're better than fenders.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummy said:
    robgilmo said:
    I have owned 5 Fenders, never bonded with them, but still have my CV Squier. Is that enough basis for you? 
    They are cracking guitars and imho better than most Mexican strats 
    thegummy said:
    robgilmo said:
    I have owned 5 Fenders, never bonded with them, but still have my CV Squier. Is that enough basis for you? 
    They are cracking guitars and imho better than most Mexican strats 
    Depends if you're just saying you bonded with a Squier or actually claiming there's something superior about them?

It's better than a single model from 25 years ago but not a huge sample set. What was the issue with the fenders?
  • Preferred the neck on the Squier, I’m not saying that my opinion is the be all and end all, but I have 2 CV a strat and a Tele and adore them both. The Tele has seen off various other Tele’s and is one of the few guitars I would never sell. For me it’s pretty much perfect. It’s seen off Mexican standards , Baja. It’s just a better guitar if you can handle it not having Fender on the headstock, more ££££ doesn’t always mean better. 
  • thegummy said:
    There's a lot of internet hype about upper end squiers but I think people are getting carried away saying they're better than fenders.
    Depends which ones...?

There is no particular reason a Squier CANNOT be better than a Fender surely?  Especially for a given individual?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5810
    The number of squires that have impressed me over the years is definitely higher than the number of fenders too. They have almost all been good, honest, no nonsense guitars that simply do the job at hand. 

Fender can sell on the brand name alone to some degree and Squier don’t have that to fall back on. 

They might not have the nice appointments
    or luxury touches but any guitarist worth their salt could take one out of the box and perform a great gig with all the Squiers I’ve played. 
    thegummy said:
    Depends which ones...?

There is no particular reason a Squier CANNOT be better than a Fender surely?  Especially for a given individual?
    The fact they're both owned by the same company and part of the same price range makes it unlikely the cheaper ones would be consistently better quality than the more expensive ones, just like it would be unlikely a 600 quid fender would be consistently better than a 900.

I'm only talking about objective quality like the comment that the neck pocket doesn't match up properly. For personal preference then by all means someone might prefer a classic vibe to a standard. 

Personal preference could prefer anything though, could prefer a 80 quid Argos effort to a 5 grand boutique.

I'm only talking about objective quality problems. I think it's a bit of internet mythology that if you took a large batch of 400 quid Squiers and 600 quid fenders, there would be fewer quality problems on the squiers.

Could be a kind of conspiracy angle where fender take what should be 300 quid guitars and badge them as fender to con people.

Or the other angle where people like to think they've discovered a secret where they can get more for less.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom