Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

small objects you love the look of?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
This old police whistle from my home town is on sale on eBay. For me it is a thing of beauty. I'd love to buy it, although there's no point really I guess. I often find myself fascinated by the aesthetics and beauty of small tactile objects. It's a thing that Mrs A doesn't get at all. 

I seem to have spent a silly amount of time just looking at this picture. I'm also known for marvelling at lovely old brass fittings on radiators in old buildings. I should get out more.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16152
    edited September 2018
    my willy.......(after a swim )
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24435
    He’s right.  It is quite pretty.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24435
    @axisus BUY IT!  There IS a ‘point’.....   that is that you like it.  It’s hardly a major investment!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10722
    edited September 2018
    Edit. Misread a word as wife. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Can’t think of any offhand, just wondered how long before this Discussion got a willy joke (15 minutes). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Definitely buy it. I bought a couple of pit checks from the pit my dad and eldest brother worked at, way back. Also a locally made miners lamp from around the times they would have worked there.
    Just nice things to have that didn’t cost much..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Gluons. I like the red and green ones, not so keen on the blue.
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699

Watches... also tubes :lol:

• fobfob Frets: 1431
    Plays like buttah
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6193
    edited September 2018
    Ms Goldtop commissioned a huge bookcase, made of oak. It's about 5m wide 2.5m tall and 0.5m deep. All made from a single tree, by an Austrian carpenter. Now, it's gorgeous, but not exactly small. What is small, though, and what delights me, are the fittings. There are no metal fixings, it's all goes together like a huge 3D jigsaw, all held together with beautifully made dowel-cum-wedges - each the size of an AA battery. Rather plain, but profiled to slide into the slots of the shelves and supports.

That little piece somehow represents all of the artistry that is embodied in the whole piece. No-one else notices, and Ms Goldtop doesn't care.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtop said:
    Ms Goldtop commissioned a huge bookcase, made of oak. It's about 5m wide 2.5m tall and 0.5mm deep.
    You have some really odd shaped books ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2254
    Another vote to buy said whistle. At least its useful, keyring, source of annoyance, sorted. 
  • buy it if you like it, can afford it, and have space for it
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12424
    goldtop said:
    Ms Goldtop commissioned a huge bookcase, made of oak. It's about 5m wide 2.5m tall and 0.5mm deep. All made from a single tree, by an Austrian carpenter. Now, it's gorgeous, but not exactly small. What is small, though, and what delights me, are the fittings. There are no metal fixings, it's all goes together like a huge 3D jigsaw, all held together with beautifully made dowel-cum-wedges - each the size of an AA battery. Rather plain, but profiled to slide into the slots of the shelves and supports.

That little piece somehow represents all of the artistry that is embodied in the whole piece. No-one else notices, and Ms Goldtop doesn't care.
    I would love to be good at that kind of thing, but I’m a really cackhanded carpenter. A mate of mine is brilliant at it and has made all sorts of things. He lives in France and apparently they have to have the house electrics available for inspection at various points around the house, particularly when the time comes to sell it. He wanted wood panelling in the bedrooms, which he’s made himself, and has built in secret sliding panels to get at the wiring behind. Genius. 
  • My tiny wife. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    goldtop said:
    Ms Goldtop commissioned a huge bookcase, made of oak. It's about 5m wide 2.5m tall and 0.5mm deep. All made from a single tree, by an Austrian carpenter. Now, it's gorgeous, but not exactly small. What is small, though, and what delights me, are the fittings. There are no metal fixings, it's all goes together like a huge 3D jigsaw, all held together with beautifully made dowel-cum-wedges - each the size of an AA battery. Rather plain, but profiled to slide into the slots of the shelves and supports.

Sounds lovely
  • The tiny amount on my wage slip.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3584
    Its a good job I ddnt see this last night when I was drunk!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mine is my wee brothers wedding ring.
    He had it made by a local jeweller Jen Cunningham. It's beautiful, meaningful & unique.
    It's burnished silver with the Edinburgh skyline etched into it. His wife had a similar ring with the Dundee skyline on it as her engagement ring. 

https://i.imgur.com/u8ibNEa.jpg

Since they got married a few years ago it's started to wear in, each mark shows more silver. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    @stimpsonslostson awesome rings! particularly the dark one