Best low to mid-priced Les Paul?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    edited October 2018
    TTBZ said:
    @skullfunkerry - I've looked at the EC quite a bit and like the modernised design, but I don't really like thin necks - will have to have a longer play on one though. I also worry (probably unnecessarily) the thinner/contoured body will rob thickness/push and sustain.
    I had an EC1000 with EMGs and it sounded massive... and I liked the smaller body/lower weight compared to a Les Paul too... one of my friends has got a different model though, possibly a 650 although I might be imagining that... it's a lot more like a Les Paul though, including a thicker body. Don't know what the neck is like on it though tbh
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10719
    tFB Trader
    Get a used studio with a pro neck repair. I've had two and both have been great. Paid about 400 for them if I remember rightly.
    Absolutely this ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3604
    There is a lovely burst epiphone les paul custom on Facebook at the moment, made in Korea in the Sian (spelling?) factory its going quite cheap as well, Id be all over it like a tramp on chips if I didn't have too many guitars already.   https://www.facebook.com/groups/guitarexchange/permalink/1949419268471031/?sale_post_id=1949419268471031&comment_id=1949901668422791&reply_comment_id=1949960481750243&notif_id=1538250470806014&notif_t=group_comment&ref=notif

This wont hang about long at that price.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    In fact you dont want to buy a vintage Aria strat do you? :)
    Opps, tell a lie, its an Unsung guitar, 

Your guitar was made at the
    Unsung Plant, Korea
    on November, 1999
    Production Number: 406

• I've liked the Les Paul tribute model and Edwards Les Pauls generally for the lower end of the market stuff. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 888
    I was really impressed by the epi Tribute plus I had - nicely put together and played well. Great hardware and proper USA 57 Classic p`ups. Great value for money. Come with a nice case and available in Black.

https://www.reidys.com/pr/electric-guitars/epiphone-les-paul-tribute-plus-midnight-ebony-14443/?&utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=PriceComparison&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1Orl4bLl3QIVaLvtCh3mqQy6EAQYAyABEgJFivD_BwE
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    robgilmo said:

Shhhhhh! ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

robgilmo said:

Shhhhhh! ;)
    Ha Ha!, I promise Harry if I ever plan to sell it you will be the first to know, unless you have an interesting, vintage, Japanese Les Paul of decent quality like an Aria Leopard floating around and getting in the way... 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2912
    edited October 2018
    robgilmo said:
    There is a lovely burst epiphone les paul custom on Facebook at the moment, made in Korea in the Sian (spelling?) factory its going quite cheap as well, Id be all over it like a tramp on chips if I didn't have too many guitars already.   https://www.facebook.com/groups/guitarexchange/permalink/1949419268471031/?sale_post_id=1949419268471031&comment_id=1949901668422791&reply_comment_id=1949960481750243&notif_id=1538250470806014&notif_t=group_comment&ref=notif

This wont hang about long at that price.
    Not my cup of tea at all finish wise but nice to know that even the higher end models go for silly prices used. If I end up finding a Custom Pro for that price I'll probably jump on it and deal with the headstock. The stock Probucker pickups are actually really good from my experience, and the necks are better than the standard line of epiphones which seem much thinner and harder edged.
  • cbilly22 said:
    apart from being over priced by at least £400 I am sure it would be a decent player. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    cbilly22 said:
    apart from being over priced by at least £400 I am sure it would be a decent player. 
    It may be £100 or so overpriced, but not 400 by any means
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    cbilly22 said:
    Think most of us would like to find one for 400 quid less. Do let me know if you spot one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    cbilly22 said:

I've had a 105 from ishibashi for 330 landed with fees.
    Unless things have drastically changed its rare to see an Edwards sell for over 550. At least in the private sale markey
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    John_A said:
    cbilly22 said:

I've had a 105 from ishibashi for 330 landed with fees.
    Unless things have drastically changed its rare to see an Edwards sell for over 550. At least in the private sale markey
    330 landed with fees, that’s about 200 pre shipping and fees, never seen them that cheap, 550 in a private sale is probably 600 at least from a shop, so hardly 400 overpriced
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom