Itunes alternative

What's Hot
JayceeJaycee Frets: 328
I am running a pc with windows 10.
I have a load of albums stored on it, of which only a fraction I would like on my Ipod.
I made a folder which I named Ipod music, directed Itunes to the folder but it still loads albums which I do not want on the Ipod.
Is there an alternative that you can recommend which will only load the albums I want?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• In iTunes create a playlist, call it iPod music if you want, add what you want to that then plug iPod in and just tell iTunes to sync that one playlist.
  • @Jaycee ;You dont even need to create a playlist, just tick the box that says ‘manually manage songs and media’ and only songs/albums that you have put ticks next to will be copied to your ipod.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 328
    Thanks @strumjoughlamps ; and @starwarsnosebleed ; I think I have it sorted now. I have put all the files into the Ipod folder in Itunes, I manually selected the albums as well as the artists and deleted the duplicates in Itunes which it inexplicably made.  I had to sync my Ipod three times before all the tracks were loaded, although the last time was after the duplication deletion.

Another thing which annoys me about Itunes is how it doesnt find all the album art even though it is in the store.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1014
    iTunes = awful imo.  I used to use it years ago although it still sounds like it’s awkward/clunky to use.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I used to love iTunes, at one time . I haven’t used it for years though..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27857
    Jaycee said:
    I am running a pc with windows 10.
    I have a load of albums stored on it, of which only a fraction I would like on my Ipod.
    I made a folder which I named Ipod music, directed Itunes to the folder but it still loads albums which I do not want on the Ipod.
    Is there an alternative that you can recommend which will only load the albums I want?
    I use a PC, with Win10, to manage the content on a few iPods.

But I hesitate to say that what you want to do is easily do-able, because I'm deliberately using an old version of iTunes.  I got fed up of Apple releasing update-after-update of iTunes, none of which seemed to be any better (for me) than the version that it replaced, but each introduced some more Apple-isms that made it work less-better.

FWIW, I make sure that iTunes is NOT allowed to manage my library, or anything else.  When I add a new album to my music folder on my PC, I'll add a link to it manually to the iTunes library (but the files themselves are not copied/duplicated), and then add it to whichever playlists are relevant (I use different playlists to sync different content to different iPods).

iTunes does work, but it's clunky and you have to be careful not to allow it to Apple-ise your own music library.  I've not found a better alternative - there used to be something years ago, but Apple locked it out a few years back, so I've just worked within the constraints of iTunes since.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.