Member contact via admin?

Greetings - I'm a new member attempting to contact another (about a guitar that he apparently owns/owned), in order to find out it's brand/model name.  (He had posted a pic of the guitar previously on a thread which I discovered while researching said guitar).

My question is - I have sent the person a PM, but haven't heard back, and the day of the auction is fast approaching, so is it kosher/possible for the admin to alert this person that "you've got mail"?

If not I completely understand, but I did want to check just in case the possibility exists.

Thanks, Robert (aka Yahman)

BTW - member's name: Xsmnmy

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27790
    That user is no longer active here, so he won’t be aware of PMs, or being tagged in threads, etc.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    TTony said:
    That user is no longer active here, so he won’t be aware of PMs, or being tagged in threads, etc.
    If someone has asked to leave they have an X put in front of their user name? 

If they have been told to leave they don't get the X but get a User Banned avatar?

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • yahmanyahman Frets: 0
    Thanks gents! 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27790
    TTony said:
    If someone has asked to leave they have an X put in front of their user name? 

If they have been told to leave they don't get the X but get a User Banned avatar?

Pretty much.  Not a stated rule, but I generally use the X prefix for those who ask to leave (on the basis that they may ask to return), whereas those who we decided should leave are banned.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.