SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - 1979 Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gent WITHDRAWN

What's Hot
edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
edited October 2018 in Guitars £

I am 100% sure about this...i absolutely adore the tone of this guitar, it looks great and it plays great. BUT I've realised I just don't get on with large body guitars and so it's not getting the play it should. I bought it from Dr Cornelius of this here parish and since then it's had a set-up and the electronics cleaned up a bit by a luthier.

I love the sound of archtops and fine with ES-175 and similar sizes but (after 3 guitars around this size) I just don't think this shape is for me. So, if you have an archtop guitar you want to swap (cash either way if necessary) for this let me now what you have...things I'd consider Gretsch with the smaller scale length/bout sizes, Ibanez 70s/80s archtop, decent Epiphone archtop (elitist Broadway, vintage), Gibson archtop....you get the idea.

Ive done some research on the prices of the late 70s models and they seem to be going for around mid £2000s...i am happt to be corrected if you dont think thats right. Lets say for sale at £2000 to fretboarders. 

I'm prepared to travel quite a distance for the right deal but I'm not prepared to ship I'm afraid.

Dr Cornelius' original thread is here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/75456/withdrawn-fs-no-longer-ft-vintage-1979-country-gent-now-1475-firm/p1 and I'll post some up to date pics when I get home. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments