Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Duesenbergs

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14302
    tFB Trader
    I’ve read your comments Mark and thanks for the information. 

But what can you believe. 

When a certain big name online shop is on YouTube clearly starting a few years ago that they ars 100% German made???

don't believe me - I get paid a lot by Duesenberg to add false info to such forums

Yes the woodwork use to come from Korea - apart from the Special it doesn't now - It is hard to change peoples perception - Falsification of history is fall of such stories, yet we continue to believe the text book schools teach us 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1739
    edited October 2018
    I’ve read your comments Mark and thanks for the information. 

But what can you believe. 

When a certain big name online shop is on YouTube clearly starting a few years ago that they ars 100% German made???

don't believe me - I get paid a lot by Duesenberg to add false info to such forums

Yes the woodwork use to come from Korea - apart from the Special it doesn't now - It is hard to change peoples perception - Falsification of history is fall of such stories, yet we continue to believe the text book schools teach us 
    I believe your information. 
    was I meaning was it’s confusing regard the impression that a lot of people have regarding actually been 100% made in Germany. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Having owned a Korean car and 5 made in Germany cars, I think I'd be gutted if Doozy's were actually crafted in Germany.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    Well, my Korean car is made in Slovakia. How dare they hide that information!!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5773
    I suspect that a lot of how a person feels about the origin of a guitar depends on whether you walk through the door marked collector or the one marked player.

Two equally legitimate but very different angles 
  • dazzajl said:
    I suspect that a lot of how a person feels about the origin of a guitar depends on whether you walk through the door marked collector or the one marked player.

And how much your spending 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5773
    dazzajl said:

I have guitars I love playing that cost a lot less than a doooozy but I’ve not seen anything that comes close to that quality of build and QC for the same money. 

I actually bought mine at a random meeting in a pub. I’d never actually heard of them before I held that Caribou but it felt right and had looks to die for 
  • dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:

I have guitars I love playing that cost a lot less than a doooozy but I’ve not seen anything that comes close to that quality of build and QC for the same money. 

I actually bought mine at a random meeting in a pub. I’d never actually heard of them before I held that Caribou but it felt right and had looks to die for 
    Cool
  • I’ll be a dissenter...I dislike them immensely. I find them bland with horrible thick plastic finishes, dont like the general neck carve, the ones I’ve tried have been heavy and I didn’t think the pickups or hardware were all that either. I’d compare them to Reverends in some ways but a good Reverend is a much better proposition for me, and usually considerably cheaper.

in fact the guitar i played recently that was most similar to the Duesenbergs was one of the cheaper Korean Revstars, subject of another thread currently. I’d take a Revstar at a third of the price of the Duesenberg any day.
    I agree with all of this. I found the ones I played perfectly well-put together and superficially quite impressive, but incredibly cold and uninviting to play. Tonally they were characterless and a bit lifeless too.

I'd take another Gretsch over one every time. Maybe we only get shite ones up in Scotland.
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    edited October 2018 tFB Trader
    About 10 years ago I bought a black Starplayer Special. Was a big departure from Fender territory for me but an absolutely incredible guitar. Bit of a cliche but was hard to make it sound bad - honestly, not at all lifeless. Gigged and recorded with it for a long while and liked it so much I bought another one in white. Now here's the weird thing. The white one was lifeless, weak, just very boring and hard to make sound good! Same hardware, pickups everything. Same strings, setup - you get the picture.... Just a lemon. Weird. I think that's when I got the Gretsch bug and picked up a couple of pro-line Duo Jets funnily enough. Think the black Duesenberg was the best out of all of them, god knows what was up with the white one...

If i had the money or saw a used one for a good deal I'd find it hard to resist one of these - love them...

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/duesenberg-cc-fullerton-elite-catalina-blue.htm?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjbveBRDVARIsAKxH7vnXENyOMz6mOHVnCIMot23NjvZJ_pEBN1iMQQrelOd4cw796X-9cvsaAvz-EALw_wcB
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    I WILL get a a Red Sparkle Starplayer at some point (soon I hope)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    edited October 2018
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Whitecat said:
    cool..

....nooooooooooooooooooo