Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Is it bad...

What's Hot

Comments

• Ok I think this is all out of hand now. There’ll be no GFM and no more chat. Thanks all.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Ok I think this is all out of hand now. There’ll be no GFM and no more chat. Thanks all.
     In that case can donations be made to me instead please? I'd really likes Moog One, but don't have £8k to spend on it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    ronnyb said:
    Cheque is in the post. 

Ok I think this is all out of hand now. There’ll be no GFM and no more chat. Thanks all.
    Shame. I've cancelled the cheque then.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have nothing further to add I’ve just always wanted to be that last comment before mods step in and close the thread *crosses fingers*
    How very rock and roll
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Oh man, I'm going to have to edit my signature again.
  • Damn
    How very rock and roll
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Damn
    You're going to have to do better than that....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    Oh man, I'm going to have to edit my signature again.

And not a mention of refunding my £5 . Cheers Jimmy @octatonic :/ 
  • Just to update you all we've just someone round to inspect the property and he's actually given us a good deal to have all of the exterior work done. It has conveniently fallen within budget and works out better for us to have it all done by the same person.

This means there will be NO NEED for a GFM or even to raise any fees (although I probably will next year).

My stupid fault for not finding these guys sooner!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265

Bleeding heck. I am now saddled with a 15k loan at 50% APR. Ah well, I suppose I could convert my own shed now.

Edit - I've just checked my specs for my shed conversion: I have discovered that due to the fantastically over the top kit I want to put in it, I actually need 25k.

Is it bad if I start a go fund me campaign for the extra 10k? I mean, I have already shelled out on this high APR loan, so surely its not THAT unreasonable to ask people to give me the remainder is it? Really?

• Snap said:

Bleeding heck. I am now saddled with a 15k loan at 50% APR. Ah well, I suppose I could convert my own shed now.

Edit - I've just checked my specs for my shed conversion: I have discovered that due to the fantastically over the top kit I want to put in it, I actually need 25k.

Is it bad if I start a go fund me campaign for the extra 10k? I mean, I have already shelled out on this high APR loan, so surely its not THAT unreasonable to ask people to give me the remainder is it? Really?

I'll give you £9999 haha.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Snap said:

A go fund me campaign to raise money for your shed conversion would be a very bad idea.

Have you thought about washing cars to raise the cash? You only need a bucket and sponge which I would willingly lend to you.
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    I'm still dying to know if you intend to spend money on the garage of a rented house, please, i need closure!
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    edited October 2018
    @Lestratcaster seems to be reluctant to confirm who owns the garage and house it is attached to?

Possibly due to the reaction he will get if it is not actually his.

Then again, given he asked the original question he probably doesn’t see the problem there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Just to update you all we've just someone round to inspect the property and he's actually given us a good deal to have all of the exterior work done. It has conveniently fallen within budget and works out better for us to have it all done by the same person.

Good news! Your landlord will be pleased. 
  • kin said:
    I'm still dying to know if you intend to spend money on the garage of a rented house, please, i need closure!
    @kin , this isn't the place for closure.  The amount of half-arsed threads that have gone unresolved on here is annoying to say the least.  I have worked through it. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    Did you read the insomnia thread, I will be pacing the damn house later thinking about this, a) do you own the house yes or no answer and b) if not why are you doing up someone else's garage.

I need to know!!
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    munckee said:
    Did you read the insomnia thread, I will be pacing the damn house later thinking about this, a) do you own the house yes or no answer and b) if not why are you doing up someone else's garage.

I need to know!!
    Men in white arrive with a straight jacket and take away poor @munckee gibbering and dribbling. And all he wanted to know was......
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    Jimbro66 said:
    munckee said:

I need to know!!
    Men in white arrive with a straight jacket and take away poor @munckee gibbering and dribbling. And all he wanted to know was......
    I can imagine my wife on the phone, "he keeps just shouting DOES HE OWN THE GARAGE!"
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    C'mon guys ... nothing ventured nothing gained.

At least the OP had the guts to ask. You can't knock that. He's only asking, not holding a gun to your head.

However I won't be contributing..... I have my own man-cave to fund.