Ibanez S770PB opinions

ellangusellangus Frets: 250
I’ve been offered an Ibanez S770PB in Trade for my mex strat. Ibanez are not really my sort of thing but I wouldn’t mind giving one a try. 
Is this model well regarded? I’ll almost certainly sell it on eventually. My strat is up for £300. Do you think it’s a good deal?
Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Not really. I'm an Ibanez type (three RGs and one bass curreently), but it'll likely feel like playing a toothpick to you. A Japanese Ibanez would be an entirely different proposition, but it'd likely have to be coupled with wanting to change your musical and playing styles.
  • Seems fair - depends if you like the feel of an S-Series - they are amazingly light. I'm a fan of them, you can play one for hours without it getting tiring. As far as build quality vs. the Japanese ones is concerned, I think my S621 feels and plays almost as nicely as my Gibson 339, so no problems there. I don't really rate the tone though, and if it was my main guitar I'd probably put some different pick-ups in it. If you're a metal fan it might not be an issue.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Price-wise seems a fair trade. If you'll like it's very hard to tell as it's such a different guitar to a mex strat. 24 frets, double locking trem, HSH pickups, very thin body and neck.