What was your best ever purchase?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    My best gear have been trades, which makes it easy to identify the best purchases:

vox transition wah (last of the Clyde McCoys from 68)
    trashcan crybaby wah with a broken battery cable
    the Sonus 68 fuzz from his first batch
    and Wazmeister’s Redplate

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • funhousefunhouse Frets: 124
    Vox Tonebender 1.5. Bought it as part of a job lot of assorted pedals, all for £200. Sold it on eBay and bought a Soldano SLO with the proceeds. That said, I must have lost that amount of money, and then some, over the years on stupid purchases!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4138
    Best bang for buck etc, was my Fender Excelsior, liked it in shop so mrs bought it for me for 50th birthday for home use. 
    Liked it so much it replaced my regular gigging amp. used it on every gig since. 
    Best buy was a Blackface twin reverb for £300 odd quid, but had to spend about £40 on getting it right. Made a lot of money on that. 
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    The ones that  immediately spring to mind are my '74 Fender Precison which I bought in 1984 or 1985 for £135, my '73 Rickenbacker 4001 which I bought in 1990 for £299 and a Yamaha CS60 that I paid £149 for.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    The one thing that always amazes me whenever i use it is my little Blackstar HT1 amp, just sounds so sweet. I seldom even bother with pedals, wind the reverb up to 11 and enjoy!
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 537
    I had a '78 Tokai Les Paul Reborn which was phenomenal.  Unfortunately sold when I had some money issues and it has remained my most regretted sale. 
  • david1050david1050 Frets: 2
    Fender Modern Player Tele Plus Powered Guitar
  • GodlykepowerGodlykepower Frets: 174
    My playing has improved by leaps and bounds since purchasing a Trio+ looper and  band creator.

Amazing practice tool.
    I don’t have a gambling problem, I’m winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That’s like saying that Iron Maiden have an awesomeness problem.