Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Favourite Guitar (1 minute videos)

What's Hot
thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
Is anyone up for taking their current favourite guitar and filming a few riffs for a 1 minute video?

Would be an interesting change from just posting a photo, we'd get to hear the guitar too and things can look different in a video.

I'd happily do one too but since I've only been playing a couple years I'd be a bit self-conscious to post one right up in case no one else is in to the idea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited November 2018
    Sounds like a laugh. I only picked up electric again earlier this year, but I'll give it a go 1

And I just broke my high E string. Feck sake =)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Tenebrous said:
    Sounds like a laugh. I only picked up electric again earlier this year, but I'll give it a go 1

Is that the universe trying to stop you? lol :P 

I filmed mine and will post it as soon as someone else posts one first. Just nervous about criticism as I'm sure there are plenty of great guitar players on here and I'm far from it (yet, at least).

The weird thing I find whenever I'm recording - I can play riffs perfectly with no mistakes for hours on end when I'm just practising but as soon as I know it's recording it takes about a dozen takes!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummy said:
    Tenebrous said:

I filmed mine and will post it as soon as someone else posts one first. Just nervous about criticism as I'm sure there are plenty of great guitar players on here and I'm far from it (yet, at least).

The weird thing I find whenever I'm recording - I can play riffs perfectly with no mistakes for hours on end when I'm just practising but as soon as I know it's recording it takes about a dozen takes!
    Ach, just post your video up. We all had to start somewhere. If it makes it any easier, I've been playing for 30 years and I'm still shit.
    thegummy said:
    Tenebrous said:

Ach, just post your video up. We all had to start somewhere. If it makes it any easier, I've been playing for 30 years and I'm still shit.
    lol I will post it the second another one goes up - I just don't want to be the only one :)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    This is an old video, but still my number one guitar. Sorry about the camera mic being a bit crap.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    p90fool said:
    This is an old video, but still my number one guitar. Sorry about the camera mic being a bit crap.

Dear god... If Roy Buchanan played a Les Paul :o
    p90fool said:

Nice man, very cool!
    Here is mine:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one @thegummy !! hope it wasn't filmed at 5:21 am  :#
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    thegummy said:
    Tenebrous said:

HaHa - me too!
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    My favourite guitar is really quite nice. I’d be doing it a terrible disservice by recording myself playing it..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    p90fool said:

I think we get the idea, though!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• This could be good cos when I nurdle in the back bedroom I reckon that I sound and play like Janick Gers.......but I'm sure you lot on here will tell me otherwise.
  • https://imgur.com/a/qgx80N6
    Here’s mine, it’s a 1965 (64 spec) Es-335 Bigsby. Love it.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    p90fool said:

goldtops FTW.
  • pmbomb said:
    p90fool said:

goldtops FTW.
    Yup. Between this and the R7 suggestion in the R8 thread I'm getting GASsy...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited November 2018
    @stickyfiddle ;mine: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/128673/

it's funny as when my guitar journey started the one thing I was sure of was I didn't want a goldtop - I thought bursts were lush and goldies were for old giffers.

then I realised bursts are fragile, (a lot of people are fernickety about the smallest mark and I'm not the lightest on kit), this came up on eBay and just caught my eye, I still love it. I think they look great with a little wear and tear. bursts are over for me.

• pmbomb said:
    @stickyfiddle ;mine: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/128673/

it's funny as when my guitar journey started the one thing I was sure of was I didn't want a goldtop - I thought bursts were lush and goldies were for old giffers.

then I realised bursts are fragile, (a lot of people are fernickety about the smallest mark and I'm not the lightest on kit), this came up on eBay and just caught my eye, I still love it. I think they look great with a little wear and tear. bursts are over for me.
    Lovely! I've tried a lot of LPs in the last couple of years, and come close to buying a couple. I like a good burst, but I'm in india kid at heart, so not sure they're very "me". Goldtops, on the other hand, are reeeeal purdy
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    https://imgur.com/a/qgx80N6
    The video looks great but I’m not getting any audio with it. Am I missing something?
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    Jimbro66 said:
    https://imgur.com/a/qgx80N6
    The video looks great but I’m not getting any audio with it. Am I missing something?
    Me neither. Nice looking guitar though!