Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Favourite Guitar (1 minute videos)

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    Jimbro66 said:
    https://imgur.com/a/qgx80N6
    Here’s mine, it’s a 1965 (64 spec) Es-335 Bigsby. Love it.
    The video looks great but I’m not getting any audio with it. Am I missing something?
    Sorry! My attempt at editing it to 1 minute failed! Here’s the video:
    https://youtu.be/Rp_h3MW9Oew

Really like that, I know it's annoying when people compare you to somebody else, but your voice really reminds of Paul Carrick, who also has a brilliant voice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok so this is my first time doing this... Apologies for not brushing my hair  :#

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's some mindless noodling on a 339 with a tweed deluxe clone and a PoT for overdrive. It already sounded compressed with my crappy phone recording but YT added its own flavour of compression 'n all:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    Ok so this is my first time doing this... Apologies for not brushing my hair  :#

Sounds good mate that vibro champ sounds pretty awesome, are you using pedals?
  • Ok so this is my first time doing this... Apologies for not brushing my hair  :#

That sounded excellent!
  • AlexO said:
    Jimbro66 said:
    https://imgur.com/a/qgx80N6
    Here’s mine, it’s a 1965 (64 spec) Es-335 Bigsby. Love it.
    The video looks great but I’m not getting any audio with it. Am I missing something?
    Sorry! My attempt at editing it to 1 minute failed! Here’s the video:
    https://youtu.be/Rp_h3MW9Oew

Really like that, I know it's annoying when people compare you to somebody else, but your voice really reminds of Paul Carrick, who also has a brilliant voice.
    Not at all mate, that’s a great compliment! Cheers!
  • munckee said:
    Sounds good mate that vibro champ sounds pretty awesome, are you using pedals?
    Cheers mate. That was straight into to the vibro champ. Voice setting #2 which is the bassman setting. Wasn't sure about the sound  through the phone but then it never sounds as good as you think ;)
    That sounded excellent!
    Thanks! Can't "noodle" like you tho!
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader

Good thread, it's really great to hear/see the playing, liking all of it. Had a go just now but failed on the 1 min front, also camera work less than stellar! 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10697
    edited November 2018
    A few recycled bits and pieces:

Jump! (Callaghan no. 27)

https://youtu.be/HibP__y6v04

Parisienne Walkways (Les Paul Deluxe 1978)

https://youtu.be/P5frIyOEwZ4

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Hi folks.

Glad to see the thread had a good few replies - sadly, the very morning after I posted this I became very ill with infections in both kidneys and spent over a week in hospital and the rest of the time recovering at home!

Thanks for the kind comments on my video, look forward to checking out the rest of the vids!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited November 2018
    thegummy said:
    Hi folks.

Glad to see the thread had a good few replies - sadly, the very morning after I posted this I became very ill with infections in both kidneys and spent over a week in hospital and the rest of the time recovering at home!

Thanks for the kind comments on my video, look forward to checking out the rest of the vids!
    Well, hope you are better or at least on the road to recovery. 
    Interesting thread too.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool said:
    This is an old video, but still my number one guitar. Sorry about the camera mic being a bit crap.

WOW!

That's ace. plus that guitar is stunning.

Any more photos/info?

• Its not my favourite guitar, but its a minute long...

I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020

• vizviz Frets: 10697
    thegummy said:
    Hi folks.

Omg glad you are on the mend!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom