Cover Challenge #3 - official chat thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Still plenty of time left @markv - will look forward to seeing it added to the playlist

Be great to get some more entries. Perhaps some reggae and country to go with all the forementioned genres...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Mine will be neither reggae or country, but 'm fairly sure won't be any duplication on the genre front from me. So far I've sorted the drums in my head and have been practising the "Youuuuuuuuu watching meeeeeeeeee" bit to get it as high as possible :)
    Is the moon asking me to stay long enough for the clouds to fly me away
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • markvmarkv Frets: 190
    Well, I'm now at the stage of tinkering with EQ, since I have enough knowledge to know that ideally I'd try and make sure that various parts should occupy their own space but not enough knowledge to know how to go about it or really what to listen for.

I think I need to not listen to it for a day now and come back to it with slightly fresher ears. All being well I'll be sending it in on Saturday.

I've [...] been practising the "Youuuuuuuuu watching meeeeeeeeee" bit to get it as high as possible :)
    Funnily enough I was trying to get as low as possible!
  • I've got tonsillitis (or is it tinselitis this time of year?) so sadly no singing gonna happen, high or low!
    Is the moon asking me to stay long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • markvmarkv Frets: 190
    Entry sent. As I said before, this is the first time I've done a whole track and it's also the first time I've recorded myself singing - and the singing is the bit I'm least confident about. I think I'm mostly in tune. But there it is, I'll stop making excuses for myself now and let you guys have a listen. Constructive criticism welcome!
  • markv said:
    Entry sent. As I said before, this is the first time I've done a whole track and it's also the first time I've recorded myself singing - and the singing is the bit I'm least confident about. I think I'm mostly in tune. But there it is, I'll stop making excuses for myself now and let you guys have a listen. Constructive criticism welcome!
    Looking forward to hearing it!
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 3041
    markv said:
    I have it, I don’t have access to upload it today... so will upload it tomorrow when I’m back in front of the Mac... 

so deadline extended by 1 day folks!!!!!
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 3041
    @markv added to the playlist....

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/cover-challenge-no3-sweet

Im deffo not going to make this one... but... uncle should be back for the next one...

Entries now closed folks....