Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boss Waza Tube Amp Expander

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• mrkb said:
    Just received mine today, and love what it adds to a valve amp. Bloody expensive, but fixes loads of the issues I have with amps (fx loop, adjusting volume without affecting sound, easy recording, solo volume boost, excellent reverb and delay,etc) and the GA-FC footswitch is great with it.
    Great news, have you tried any other load boxes that you could perhaps offer a comparison to?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FenderishFenderish Frets: 47
    edited June 2019
    mrkb said:
    Just received mine today, and love what it adds to a valve amp. Bloody expensive, but fixes loads of the issues I have with amps (fx loop, adjusting volume without affecting sound, easy recording, solo volume boost, excellent reverb and delay,etc) and the GA-FC footswitch is great with it.
    pics or it didn't happen ! :D
    was the GA-FC included or not ?

• TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    mrkb said:
    Sorry to resurrect but any more thoughts on this? 

The ability to “reverse attenuate” ie boost the power output of a small valve amp is very interesting. I wonder what that does to the tone.
  • Best piece of gear I have bought in years-I think. Will be gigging it this weekend for the first time. Programmed the delays which sound fantastic. Set the IR’s to go FOH so we will see. The solo boost function appears great plus I back the volume off to clean up. This unit makes it possible to bring the volume back when you do this plus you can eq if you lose any frequencies. Just hoping it works well when turned up for a few hours.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So is the consensus thats the Tae is great but shoots shy of the mark regarding stereo and its cost? 
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6880
    So is the consensus thats the Tae is great but shoots shy of the mark regarding stereo and its cost? 
    It has stereo fx and stereo outs to xlr, but only one power amp for driving speaker cabs (though it can drive two cabs with the same signal).
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    So is the consensus thats the Tae is great but shoots shy of the mark regarding stereo and its cost? 
    It has stereo fx and stereo outs to xlr, but only one power amp for driving speaker cabs (though it can drive two cabs with the same signal).
    Mark, are you still enjoying your TAE ?

How good are the delay fx ?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9568
    edited November 2019
    Well, Ive been trialing one today in a few amps...

Hmmm, Ive tried an OX and Power Station 2 before, and now the Boss Amp Expander.

The attenuation (for want of a better word) on the Boss is excellent and much better than the OX.

The effects in the Boss can be used in your amp speaker, unlike the OX.

But the OX has much much better delay and verbs.

The Boss built in fx, like most Boss to my ears, are average at best.

Disappointed as I felt the amp sound did not translate through the Boss. Ive sent it back.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, Ive been trialing one today in a few amps...

Hmmm, Ive tried an OX and Power Station 2 before, and now the Boss Amp Expander.

The attenuation (for want of a better word) on the Boss is excellent and much better than the OX.

The effects in the Boss can be used in your amp speaker, unlike the OX.

But the OX has much much better delay and verbs.

The Boss built in fx, like most Boss to my ears, are average at best.

Disappointed as I felt the amp sound did not translate through the Boss. Ive sent it back.
    This is basically the impression I got from the videos I’ve watched online. The Boss has the better attenuator, the Ox has the better fx and cab simulation. Frustrating - someone needs to combine the two. 

If I can pick up a second hand Ox at a reasonable price (unlikely) I might take a punt but otherwise I’ll wait to see if something better comes out. 
  • If you wanted an attenuator simply to be able to drive your amp harder, what's the best thing to go for. I like the idea of the Ox ore the TAE but I'm guessing both are far too overspecced to suit my simple needs.
  • Vintage-T said:
    If you wanted an attenuator simply to be able to drive your amp harder, what's the best thing to go for. I like the idea of the Ox ore the TAE but I'm guessing both are far too overspecced to suit my simple needs.
    If you just want an attenuator there are cheaper options. The Fryette Power Station gets recommended a lot, though to be fair it’s not much cheaper than the Boss.