Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: TC Spark £35

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2400
    Mine's arrived! I have officially dipped my toes into the water of pedals. But then surprise surprise, the old Boss PSU I could've sworn was in my "guitar bits" box is nowhere to be found and I don't have any 9v batteries in. So my excitement has been somewhat stalled.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452

I very nearly went for this, but in the end decided not to.  I figured I can build myself a clone of the Xotic RC Booster for less than that.

Given previous experience with TC products, I can fully understand the @darius comment about being un-gigworthy as well, which probably made me a bit more wary of it.

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7431
    markj said:
    Are they as good as a Xotic ep booster?
    They’re kind of different. I wouldn’t use the EP Booster to boost because it doesn’t allow for unity gain. It’s a bit loud at the lowest setting for me. I find that to be more of an always on pedal. Just gives your sound ‘something’. The Spark is more of a traditional boost pedal. YMMV
    @TeleMaster the v2 of the EP does allow this - one of the internal DIP switches gets re-purposed as a unity vs original (slight boost) at zero option. This change was made years ago. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 616
    I bought a couple of these, thinking they'd make good Christmas gifts for musician family members if nothing else. Just tried it out and definitely keeping one for myself! Very impressed, particularly for the price. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10241
    TimmyO said:
    markj said:
    Are they as good as a Xotic ep booster?
    They’re kind of different. I wouldn’t use the EP Booster to boost because it doesn’t allow for unity gain. It’s a bit loud at the lowest setting for me. I find that to be more of an always on pedal. Just gives your sound ‘something’. The Spark is more of a traditional boost pedal. YMMV
    @TeleMaster the v2 of the EP does allow this - one of the internal DIP switches gets re-purposed as a unity vs original (slight boost) at zero option. This change was made years ago. 
    I had that exact one and I changed the dip switches and it was still louder than unity. It sounded great having it on but I wouldn’t use it as a boost pedal, I prefer a pedal that has an overall master, like the Katana. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7151
    Mine arrived the other day and it was on back order when I ordered it. 

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway