Edwards Les Paul... advice needed please

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I think it’s overpriced. ( but not if you could try it and it had something special going on)

I’d also echo @goldtop comments, that Edwards  were all MIJ initially,
    but now it’s less clear as to origin.

For my money, I would be looking  at 1980’s Grecos, rather than a new Edwards..

But they didn’t do them in that colour !

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2365
    Philly_Q said:
    There was a brief period when Richtone had some Edwards guitars in stock, 6 or 7 years ago.  I think they had "Made in Japan" stickers - not stamps - but that may be a figment of my imagination, TBH.
    Now you mention it, I have a vague recollection of some of them having stickers at one point, too. Maybe because of Richtone, as you said, because they usually have nice close-up photos of their stock.

Now, whether that's a figment of my imagination, or imagining it because of your prompting, I'm not sure :D
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23073
    Dave_Mc said:
    Philly_Q said:
    There was a brief period when Richtone had some Edwards guitars in stock, 6 or 7 years ago.  I think they had "Made in Japan" stickers - not stamps - but that may be a figment of my imagination, TBH.
    Now you mention it, I have a vague recollection of some of them having stickers at one point, too. Maybe because of Richtone, as you said, because they usually have nice close-up photos of their stock.

Now, whether that's a figment of my imagination, or imagining it because of your prompting, I'm not sure :D
    I seem to remember the corner of a sticker had come a bit loose so I was constantly feeling it under my thumb.  If that's a false memory I'd better get my head examined.  Let's drive each other mad. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2365
    Hahahahahahahaha :D
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 260
    I cant comment on the les pauls but I had a edwards ritchie blackmore years ago which I wasnt impressed by.  I dont know what the rrp was on it though.  The relicing on it looked like a chipped mexican strat.

• i've had 2 Edwards LP Customs, they are very nice guitars and great value for money at around £350-£500. For me £1000 is a million miles away...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3992
    I had an HR115 which was like a Horizon/Soloist style, it was good but not amazing, I paid 600 for it and think that was a touch too much, would have felt better about it at 450/500. Binding wasn't brilliant around the fret ends.

My brother got hold of a strat, not sure exactly which model but it was one of the "lacquer taste" ones, for 300 quid and it's an obscenely good guitar for that amount of money. Duncan SSl-1 and 3 pickups I think.

Going to echo everyone else who says £1000 is too much. 
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2482
    Asking price is too much, but... Edwards are one of the few guitars I will buy without playing them first as their QC is extremely good.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.