Electric Shower

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28485
    Hattigol said:
    Electric showers are great. Unless you are one of those people who like to get wet when showering...
    I think you may have misunderstood.

I believe people are discussing water showers that have electric heating built in, not showers that douse you in electricity. Which would probably be ouchy, and ineffective at cleaning you.

Hope that helps.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Sporky said:
    Hattigol said:
    Electric showers are great. Unless you are one of those people who like to get wet when showering...

I believe people are discussing water showers that have electric heating built in, not showers that douse you in electricity. Which would probably be ouchy, and ineffective at cleaning you.

Hope that helps.
    No it doesn't help. I will ask the warden to explain when he comes round later with the bananas.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2448
    I think most of them now run for a few seconds after you turn them off to stop the elements overheating or getting scale
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5388
    When our Grohe thing died the death our trusted plumber (not known at time of original purchase) basically said "Aqualisa or Mira".

We ended up getting an Aqualisa one that's been fine so far, although I got a grown-up to fit it.

Did originally look to get the Grohe repaired, but even the Grohe-approved engineer we called said "Ha! You're screwed, even I can't get parts for that, and Grohe are a bit shit anyway. Get an Aqualisa or a Mira ..."
  • HoofHoof Frets: 494
    Mira sport Multi fit. Easy to fit but if you're not absolutely sure get a pro in to do it. Water and a 40A electricity supply is not something to just "have a go" at. Should only be an hour's labour and if it leaks you get to blame someone else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Hoof said:
    Mira sport Multi fit. Easy to fit but if you're not absolutely sure get a pro in to do it. Water and a 40A electricity supply is not something to just "have a go" at. Should only be an hour's labour and if it leaks you get to blame someone else.
    Yeah, that's the one I've gone for, plummer will fit it for £60.  Job's a good 'un.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    Sporky said:

Hope that helps.
    I'm not sure about that... charging you up to about half a million volts DC might be enough to make any dirt self-repel itself from your body. As long as your feet are well insulated it won't hurt at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SporkySporky Frets: 28485
    ICBM said:

I'm not sure about that... charging you up to about half a million volts DC might be enough to make any dirt self-repel itself from your body. As long as your feet are well insulated it won't hurt at all.
    Hmm. I follow the theory  but I'm not sure I'd want to try it first. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    Our Mira failed after a year or so but was heavily used so I replaced the heating element. Went again after a couple more years. Called the supplier for the same part and I was told that part is no longer made.

I checked the diagram for the equivalent newer model and found I could use that replacement heating element without paying for a new shower. I didn't need to drill any new holes, just 15 minutes and done.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2448
    I've kept our Bristan going by basically looking on somewhere like showerspares.co.uk for the right parts. The pressure release diaphragm eventually failed, and there was a regulator diaphragm that also failed on a previous occasion. Total cost for parts was about £20 and they were both easy fixes (only one required turning off the water supply). Just remember to flick off the RCD for the shower on the meterboard (IIRC it's a building regs requirement that it has it's own RCD).
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7892
    edited November 2018
    My local Homebase in High Wycombe is closing down.  They're clearing out Triton and Mira showers out for peanuts.  The 9,5kw Mira Sports Shower (multi fit) is £50