PSA Marshall Origin Amps cheap

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17638
    tFB Trader
    I can strongly recommend getting a TI Boost if you have one of these.

Got one today and it makes it absolutely sing. Iommi tones for days as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    How do these react with a muff type fuzz? Do they fart out? 
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    rico said:
    The EHX Big Muff Pi sounds good to me into the 20w head. This is at low volume with input gain maxed. Once the neighbours are out I'll crank it up and test again.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Philtre said:
    rico said:
    The EHX Big Muff Pi sounds good to me into the 20w head. This is at low volume with input gain maxed. Once the neighbours are out I'll crank it up and test again.
    Thank you!
    This thing is sounding great even at low settings and with pedals, never mind cranking it. It's a keeper, for sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jettenuator does a great job.
    Yes it does!
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I've just come back to this thread and have enjoyed reading the positive vibes. I bought one second hand and although I paid a considerably higher price than these new discounted ones, I still feel fine about value for money. Yes they do sound fab when opened up (as I did at the Woking jam day in the same room as a 1969 100w plexi) but I'm equally happy with it as a pedal platform for child-friendly noodle-fartery*. I use a Marshall Guvnor Mkii and a Liquid sunshine clone and they are equally good in different ways. I did have both the Marshall and the Jet City linked together with a Radial Head bone, but frankly I don't need that and the JC has been put back in its box ready to be sold on. 

* Noodle-fartery is what happens when the kids have gone to bed and daddy has a glass of fermented grapejuice and his man cave to himself thusly:

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Philtre said:
    This thing is sounding great even at low settings and with pedals, never mind cranking it. It's a keeper, for sure.
    Yep I concur, really been getting into mine =)
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Just played my Origin 20w Combo through an old Marshall 1x12 Cab....wish I'd bought a head now!

Might have to see if I can mod the Combo to take a 12" speaker........not very hopeful!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    paulnb57 said:
    Just played my Origin 20w Combo through an old Marshall 1x12 Cab....wish I'd bought a head now!

Might have to see if I can mod the Combo to take a 12" speaker........not very hopeful!
    Build/have built a head shell?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17638
    tFB Trader
    Given they are cheap I'd just trade it
    clarkefan said:
    paulnb57 said:

Build/have built a head shell?
    I'm certainly considering doing that, just whipped the back panels off and I reckon I could just squeeze 12 inches in.....but it might be better to make a head cab
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Given they are cheap I'd just trade it
    Easier said than done living on the Isle of Wight, no local retailer, so it would mean a Car Ferry Fare........anyroadup, it will be fun building a head cab!

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ but then that largely goes for anything you want to do/acquire off the island...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    /\ but then that largely goes for anything you want to do/acquire off the island...
    If I was just buying the head, I'd mail order it...but to trade something means a ferry trip...

What cabs are folks using with the head? I'm using an Orange PPC1112 1x12 closed back Vintage 30. Sounds awesome to me. Any other cab recommendations?
    Marshall 1x12 sounds great

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6880
    Marshall 1x12 200w celestion gold speaker modified to open back. Am going to try an EVM12-L soon
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I've also got a Victory 1x12 cab open back with creamback but I haven't tried it yet as the Marshall head is too wide to sit on top of it and it would look silly. Looks are more important than how it sounds, right?
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2371
    I originally used a 2nd hand 2 x 12 Jet City cab.  The head was slightly too large, but it worked a treat.

Not long after I got the 20H, a Marshall 2061CX came up on the bay 'collection only' at a fantastic price for VGC.  A polite email and the fella said he could do courier pick up.

Looks and sounds the business.  Bought a Jettenuator, job done.  Partscaster tele with mini-humbuckers sounds great.