PSA Marshall Origin Amps cheap

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Ddigger said:
    I originally used a 2nd hand 2 x 12 Jet City cab.  The head was slightly too large, but it worked a treat.

Not long after I got the 20H, a Marshall 2061CX came up on the bay 'collection only' at a fantastic price for VGC.  A polite email and the fella said he could do courier pick up.

Looks and sounds the business.  Bought a Jettenuator, job done.  Partscaster tele with mini-humbuckers sounds great.
    Nice.Do you like the Jettenuator? I have one and it does the job, although losing a bit of natural tone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited May 2019
    for the 50w head I utilise either a 1x12 100w Celestion or in a pair depending on A: my back/time to set up or Neighbours...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Took the Origin 20w head out for a spin today somewhere where I could crank it.

Through the 1x12 Orange cab it was...OK. But then I put it through a pal's Trace Elliot 4x12 cab and wound everything up to max (apart from the Presence and Tilt controls). With a Les Paul it sounded glorious. Lesson of the day - Marshalls sound better with bigger cabs. As Pete Townshend used to say, "we need bigger weapons".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited July 2019