What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27232
    edited November 2018
    It's alright imo. I'm highly unlikely to buy one, but at least it's a signature that's actually 99% the same as the artist's actual instrument - and one he's played on basically every gig and record he's done for 18-odd years.

Though there is some irony of it being a Mexican-made copy of a Japanese-made copy...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    It's alright imo. I'm highly unlikely to buy one, but at least it's a signature that's actually 99% the same as the artist's actual instrument - and one he's played on basically every gig and record he's done for 18-odd years.

Though there is some irony of it being a Mexican-made copy of a Japanese-made copy...
    Yeah I did wonder if the whole thing was getting a bit “meta” at this point 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Never heard of him.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    edited November 2018
    Sassafras said:
    Never heard of him.
    Scrap the whole thing then, obviously not worthy of a sig if the all-knowing @Sassafras hasn't heard of him   

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    hobbio said:
    Sassafras said:
    Never heard of him.
    Scrap the whole thing then, obviously not worthy of a sig if the all-knowing @Sassafras hasn't heard of him   
    Glad you've decided to take my side in this whole sorry debacle.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    edited November 2018
    You should go into politics  :)

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72644
    Isn't the '85 reissue' a Squier SQ Series?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• A poly finish is now “period correct”. Those marketing boys don’t miss a trick.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FatPeteFatPete Frets: 683
    'Tremolo arm not included' also makes it as a feature. Surely this would be an easy user mod?
    Trading feedback: Trading feedback
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Why not?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Looks OK but Period correct poly finish and no tremolo arm as a feature are hilarious.

The Strokes’ influence on music is also incredibly overstated and annoys me but that’s a different story.
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    See this highlights my confusion over the whole vintage guitar scene we have these days.

Back in the 70's Fender and Gibson were churning out very poor quality guitars, which is why people started buying 60's made instruments - which sounded better - inflating their prices and creating the whole vintage guitar industry. 

Here is an article about Martin guitars which makes the same point about 79's acoustics... https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/24525-acoustic-soundboard-why-buy-vintage

But now people are paying vintage prices for those rubbish 70's guitars that started the whole thing in the first place, and Fender and Gibson are making those very same pieces of rubbish as reissues! They were poor guitars in the 70's which is why people bought 60's instruments so why would anyone pay vintage money for a 70's guitar?

It puzzles me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10276
    edited November 2018
    deano said:
    See this highlights my confusion over the whole vintage guitar scene we have these days.

Back in the 70's Fender and Gibson were churning out very poor quality guitars, which is why people started buying 60's made instruments - which sounded better - inflating their prices and creating the whole vintage guitar industry. 

Here is an article about Martin guitars which makes the same point about 79's acoustics... https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/24525-acoustic-soundboard-why-buy-vintage

But now people are paying vintage prices for those rubbish 70's guitars that started the whole thing in the first place, and Fender and Gibson are making those very same pieces of rubbish as reissues! They were poor guitars in the 70's which is why people bought 60's instruments so why would anyone pay vintage money for a 70's guitar?

It puzzles me.
    They weren’t all poor guitars. Some were some weren’t. 

Lets not not forget that lots of classic albums used 70’s Strats. 

Albert Hammond Jr used his on Is This It 
    Billy Corgans used a 70’s Strat and he used it all over Gish
    The Edge has an early 70’s Strat that he used extensively, as did Richie Blackmore. 

The 72 Thinline Tele is considered a classic. 

Its not all bad. ;)

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1099
    edited November 2018
    My only issue is that it's about 15 years too late.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12678
    Ceramic pickups,
    back to front pickup selector
    No trem arm yet trem bridge fitted

Errrr, yeah.

No thanks
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    FFS Fender, put a tremolo arm in the box/case.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Bunch of cynics! "Switch position four activates the neck and bridge pickups in tandem" how about that then? You've been making-do with parallel or series wiring, but this guitar connects two pickups in tandem!
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3465
    impmann said:
    Ceramic pickups,
    There’s nothing like the timeless singing, snapping, screaming and sparkling sound of Fender ceramic single-coil Stratocaster pickups.
    Also featured in Chinese knock-offs available on aliexpress.