Oh dear

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31664
    deano said:
    See this highlights my confusion over the whole vintage guitar scene we have these days.

Back in the 70's Fender and Gibson were churning out very poor quality guitars, which is why people started buying 60's made instruments - which sounded better - inflating their prices and creating the whole vintage guitar industry. 

Here is an article about Martin guitars which makes the same point about 79's acoustics... https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/24525-acoustic-soundboard-why-buy-vintage

But now people are paying vintage prices for those rubbish 70's guitars that started the whole thing in the first place, and Fender and Gibson are making those very same pieces of rubbish as reissues! They were poor guitars in the 70's which is why people bought 60's instruments so why would anyone pay vintage money for a 70's guitar?

It puzzles me.
    That's a very good article which mirrors my experience exactly.

I bought pre-CBS Fenders four decades ago because I had to as Fender no longer made anything similar. I now no longer own any because I don't have to - I can buy new guitars which are pretty much the same thing.

I guess once the passage of time erases the original reasons for the "vintage" guitar market (ie, ten year old guitars at the time!), people who don't remember it will just think that old guitars were what was sought after, when in fact it was just a demand for GOOD guitars. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • There’s certainly nothing like the sound of Fender ceramic magnet single coil pickups. They’d be the first thing I’d change.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

This is a "Wank Word Bingo" frenzy of sales hype.

And I love Fender.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom