Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Landlord FX - What do we reckon?

What's Hot
timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2406
https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/blog/2018/11/28/introducing-landlord-fx-cheap-effects-pedals-that-dont-suck/

New pedal range that looks pretty decent and very friendly on the wallet. As I'm starting the process of building my first board, I'm quite tempted to give these a go.

My only concern - cheapness possibly meaning lesser quality aside - is that they have absolutely no web presence outside of the PMT, GuitarGuitar and Andertons websites. No website for the brand or any indicator of who's behind it. Does anyone know any more? Has anyone already bought one?
Tim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Look like rebranded donner pedals
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7159
    I asked a few people I know in the industry and they said the same. Re-branded Donner pedals...
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2406
    Good to know! So just the PMT/Andertons/GG consortium rebranding Donners.

Now, seeing as I'm new to this - What are Donner/"Landlord" pedals like? Worth looking at or would I end up replacing them anyway for something sturdier?
    Tim
  • I'm getting old, so forgive me. This will sound ranty. 

Fact is, less and less young people are consuming alcohol these days. Music to my ears, as far as I'm concerned. This line of pedals and their company's marketing team have missed the mark, IMO, and shown that they're quite out of touch with modern society and look to be promoting the stereotypical drunken lout and I really don't like that. I'd like to think we're moving past the days when all that was "cool".

"It's just pedals". I hear you. I could just be a complete cynic and should let them crack on. Good on them. I just don't get the point of their branding. It's meaningless (much like many other pedals/pedal brands, I know).

I'll just leave this here. Bye!

PS, I'm so going to get torn a new one for this! haha.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeh, the references seem a bit dated. Having said that I keep meaning to buy a tuner for a bass mini board and that’s £29...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So essentially they've got their hands on the same clone-of-a-clone-of-a-clone mini pedals as everyone else, and headed off down the pub to discuss the branding?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm getting old, so forgive me. This will sound ranty. 

Fact is, less and less young people are consuming alcohol these days. Music to my ears, as far as I'm concerned. This line of pedals and their company's marketing team have missed the mark, IMO, and shown that they're quite out of touch with modern society and look to be promoting the stereotypical drunken lout and I really don't like that. I'd like to think we're moving past the days when all that was "cool".

"It's just pedals". I hear you. I could just be a complete cynic and should let them crack on. Good on them. I just don't get the point of their branding. It's meaningless (much like many other pedals/pedal brands, I know).

I reserve the right to get 'minging', 90s style!

Problem is the branding isn't funny. Its cringey and the pedals are £30 more than on amazon.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Pathetic marketing gimmick.
    What next, the Crack Pipe, the Meth Head, the Skag Fix, the Speed Ball?
    edited July 2020
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 529
    It's likely that they will flop because we don't really need another range of cheap pedals and we don't need that sort of naff marketing.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • I bet they had a right laugh coming up with the control names. Half-Cut! Hammered! Hilarious
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Noone's used the phrase 'brewer's droop' since Parklife ffs
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Donner pedals are okay for the price. They do the job and last about 1-2 yrs from my personal experience. Okay for mucking about at home. Then you throw them in the bin.
    and I agree that the ‘down th pub’ branding on these is naff.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    gringopig said,

"Spinning room" 
    A likely name contender for the phase 90 clone I've got lined up to build :P 

If agree that the "pub" gimic is hitting the wrong generation. Maybe they need to a "cheeky nandos" or "fleek squad" pedals * 

*I'm not 30 yet, but I can't even pretend to keep up with the lingo of my teenage/younger students. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
  • So these are a consortium rebrand? Boring.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30937
    I'm getting old, so forgive me. This will sound ranty. 

Amazingly, this was also my first thought.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Virtue signalling has found its way to the fretboard then?

i guess everyone will be selling their big muffs....
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Virtue signalling has found its way to the fretboard then?

i guess everyone will be selling their big muffs....
    And buying Kempers and Fractals!