Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Landlord FX - What do we reckon?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The branding does seem a bit out of place.  But not sure how much it'll impact their sales.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've just had a proper look and the branding is just absolute crap.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Virtue signalling has found its way to the fretboard then?
    Yeah, right bunch of triggered SJW cuckflakes, us. Can't be that the branding sucks shit & is lame. Defs not
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIves said:
    Virtue signalling has found its way to the fretboard then?
    Yeah, right bunch of triggered SJW cuckflakes, us. Can't be that the branding sucks shit & is lame. Defs not
    There's nothing wrong with a little wife swapping now and again
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6730
    Those pedal names and the budget friendly prices are clearly aimed at 12 year olds. Just like the old Snarling dogs pedals were and the Death cigarettes probably were. About as edgy as a satsuma. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeh, the references seem a bit dated. Having said that I keep meaning to buy a tuner for a bass mini board and that’s £29...
    Good luck getting it to track properly with a bass...
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I always wonder with these mini and affordable effects, how they stack up against the likes of tone city, mooer and pmt's 'blaxx' range.. 

I'm starting to care more about saving up for a few months and buying something of known quality.. ie the footswitch lasts, its not noisy etc, the effect itself is decent. Being a home only player I guess I care not about weight or it getting stolen or damaged though. 

Not saying those can't be had at the more affordable end.. which leads me back to my initial thought of, well how do these brands really compare, especially in depth and behind the casing.. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6096
    skunkwerx said:

Not saying those can't be had at the more affordable end.. which leads me back to my initial thought of, well how do these brands really compare, especially in depth and behind the casing.. 
    My limited experience of putting together a run of five mini pedals, a mix of Mooer and Donner, was that they sound crap. There's the odd gem, the Black Secret, Elec Lady etc. but  also a lot of noisy dross. The mini chorus and reverb stick in my mind as sounding particularly horrible.
  • Yeh, the references seem a bit dated. Having said that I keep meaning to buy a tuner for a bass mini board and that’s £29...
    Good luck getting it to track properly with a bass...
    I do wonder about cheap tuners and bass. I've also realised that a Donner one ( which is presumably basically the same) is even cheaper. Although crap is crap at whatever price. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2362
    skunkwerx said:
    I always wonder with these mini and affordable effects, how they stack up against the likes of tone city, mooer and pmt's 'blaxx' range.. 

I'm starting to care more about saving up for a few months and buying something of known quality.. ie the footswitch lasts, its not noisy etc, the effect itself is decent. Being a home only player I guess I care not about weight or it getting stolen or damaged though. 

Agreed, but I also don't want to pay £50 for a Mooer if a £20 Donner is exactly the same thing with a different paintjob.

I've only tried the Mooers so I don't know... from doing some research online the answers seem to vary from "They're exactly the same" to "They're similar but the cheaper ones have sometimes cut costs a bit".

I know back when they originally came out, a rough rule of thumb seemed to be that the analogue ones were usually good while the digital ones were more of a mixed bag (at best), but that could well be out of date now.