Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Talk to me about cheap short scale guitars

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• kt66kt66 Frets: 315
     for me cheap good guitars start with Revelation, this short scale is well under 300 Picture 1 of 10
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 659
    JD50 said:
    These are my 3 Short scales

https://i.imgur.com/AN1sOwP.jpg

@JD50 ;
    Did you get the one in the middle off ebay last year? I was watching one just like it with the WRHB in the bridge?
    Yep, I was watching it for a while. Was always curious about the original WRHB.... so was ideal when one appeared in a shortscale....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50 said:
    JD50 said:

@JD50 ;
    Did you get the one in the middle off ebay last year? I was watching one just like it with the WRHB in the bridge?
    Yep, I was watching it for a while. Was always curious about the original WRHB.... so was ideal when one appeared in a shortscale....
    Nice one! What's the neck profile like, skinny or rounded c?
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1481
    I have a Squier Classic Vibe Duo Sonic that I upgraded the pickups on.  I got the guitar for ~$150 a few years ago.  I actually have it in Nashville tuning as I wanted to have a guitar to add that higher end sound
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 659
    JD50 said:
    JD50 said:

@JD50 ;
    Nice one! What's the neck profile like, skinny or rounded c?
    It's not as skinny as the Mustang it's more like the Jag although it feels a hair wider.

Really enjoying the guitar.

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2416
    My Mustang is the most stable guitar I've every gigged with, as long as you screw the tremolo right down and don't use it. Actually using the trem is asking for trouble.
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    edited January 2019
    bought a Squier Bullet Mustang for my daughter for Christmas , she unwrapped it. I tuned it..it was fine..... £108 and it was fine, far better than what I started on.

Edit

New strings, proper set up and it will do everything my more expensive guitars can do. i.e , sound shit until someone who knows what they're doing picks it up.

• DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    I tried one of the Squier Bullets. It was better than what I learned on, but not something I wanted to buy. Just felt like it needed a bit more work than I'd be happy paying for when I could look at getting something a bit nicer. I'd get one in a heartbeat if a niece or nephew wanted to learn though.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    TTBZ said:
    carlos said:
    Left field option - http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/ORM1 - usually available for very cheap.
    The black one looks great! Any idea what the  neck profile is like on these?
    I've never seen one in the flesh to be honest. You can see measurements here - http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_neck_types#ORM which might be useful if you know other Ibanez necks to compare.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    ICBM said:
    Squier Bullet Mustang with upgraded pickups if necessary. They may be cheap to buy but they are not cheaply made.
    ^ this

I picked up one like new for £70 with a posh new gig bag. Needed a full setup, changed the pickups to a pair of cheap Jackson high output made by Belcat.

Surprisingly the neck profile is a lovely V shape. Rosewood fingerboard is lush after oiling, nicer than the newer Laurel boards.

Everything works, stays in tune and good fun to play. Took it to the pub jam on Monday and it sounded great through the VOX Pathfinder 15R.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    edited January 2019
    I note Revelation are making a  semi hollow gibson style  short scale  tele with a flatter radius  fret board .Looks interesting at least for me as I prefer that scale and radius.