Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The forum, its present and its future

What's Hot

Comments

• fftcfftc Frets: 559
    fftc said:
    When do we find out Drews new name so I can block him straight away?
    I've been on a few forums down the years and he was one of the most unpleasant people I have encountered. No amount of 'music biz knowledge' makes up for that.
    Well you have lived a charmed life, my friend.

@Handsome_Chris ;Was it clear I meant Drew was one of the most unpleasant people I have encountered on a forum?

Real life is different, and I can assure you my life has not been that charmed (it's all relative though, isn't it). The thing about real life is that people tend to be far more aware of what they are saying, how they are saying it and who they are saying it to. The consequences of getting it wrong are far more immediate. That awareness seemed to be lacking in many of Drews forum interactions.

@digitalscream Your post sneaked in above my last post while I was editing it to comply with rule 1. If there has been recognition by Drew of the behaviour that got so many folks backs up, and he does not want to repeat it then perhaps a second chance is in order. We can all make mistakes after all. The same mistake repeatedly to such a degree maybe takes more effort, but hey, water and bridges and all that. At the end of the day I respect that it is your decision and I trust your eyes will be open.

Still need that new name though! ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Is Drew gonna be on a tag for a while once released? If so, can we make it an electrified one and we can all take turns holding the button? 

I'm kidding of course. All seems like common sense to me, and thanks for not just shutting it down Lee. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6872
    Is Drew gonna be on a tag for a while once released? If so, can we make it an electrified one and we can all take turns holding the button? 

I'm kidding of course. All seems like common sense to me, and thanks for not just shutting it down Lee. 
    Aren’t to trained to deal with troubled youths Chris? Perhaps you could be his handler ?!? ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24345
    edited December 2018
    Emp_Fab said:
    I don't agree with the perma-ban policy and the conveniently-selected rules that block Lixarto from returning but let Drew back in.  If you're going to give people a second shot and an opportunity to demonstrate they have changed, then I see no sensible reason why Lixarto should be denied this.  We all fuck up, we all go through shit times where we act like dicks.  If you're granting clemency, grant it fairly.
    They're not "conveniently-selected" - the rule under which Lixarto was perma-banned has been there right from the beginning; in fact, it's the only one for which a perma-ban is specified (ie creating a new account to get around the imposition of a spell in the cooler). He knew that when he did it, because he had a hand in creating that very rule. That said, with everything else he did (and the way he reacted when I asked him to stop), he was pretty lucky to get away with just a week in the cooler up to that point.
    OK - fair point. You are correct. I do feel, however, that Drew was extended far more opportunities - third, fourth, fifth chances ad nauseum, than would have been extended to others. All I'm saying is that I'm not the only one who feels he received favourable treatment and that you will foment conflict should anything happen that reaffirms that suspicion.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited December 2018
    fftc said:
    fftc said:
    When do we find out Drews new name so I can block him straight away?
    I've been on a few forums down the years and he was one of the most unpleasant people I have encountered. No amount of 'music biz knowledge' makes up for that.
    Well you have lived a charmed life, my friend.

@Handsome_Chris ;;Was it clear I meant Drew was one of the most unpleasant people I have encountered on a forum?

Real life is different, and I can assure you my life has not been that charmed (it's all relative though, isn't it). The thing about real life is that people tend to be far more aware of what they are saying, how they are saying it and who they are saying it to. The consequences of getting it wrong are far more immediate. That awareness seemed to be lacking in many of Drews forum interactions.

@digitalscream Your post sneaked in above my last post while I was editing it to comply with rule 1. If there has been recognition by Drew of the behaviour that got so many folks backs up, and he does not want to repeat it then perhaps a second chance is in order. We can all make mistakes after all. The same mistake repeatedly to such a degree maybe takes more effort, but hey, water and bridges and all that. At the end of the day I respect that it is your decision and I trust your eyes will be open.

Still need that new name though!
    @fftc , do you need that new name though?  You need oxygen.  You need food.  You need water.   If all you need is that new name, then you obviously live a very charmed life, my friend.

Edit: What happens if you do not get the new name though?
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Examples of people who won't ever be allowed back in are Collingridge (scamming), Lixarto (creating accounts while in the cooler) and Richards Guitars (sending us pseudo-legal threatening letters).

4 - THE BIG ONE - Drew's coming back.

So you've got a cognitive bias against passionate guitar shop owners, underwear salesmen, and architectural photographers but big boy rock stars are fine. 

Looks like TGP is my new home then. 

*snigger*

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581

*snigger*

TGP = Technical Gusset Photography, no?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Examples of people who won't ever be allowed back in are Collingridge (scamming), Lixarto (creating accounts while in the cooler) and Richards Guitars (sending us pseudo-legal threatening letters).

4 - THE BIG ONE - Drew's coming back.

So you've got a cognitive bias against passionate guitar shop owners, underwear salesmen, and architectural photographers but big boy rock stars are fine. 

*snigger*

@Heartfeltdawn , he's not that big.  :P 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Looks like TGP is my new home then. 

*snigger*

Sounds like a monthly publication. Hope it's not got scratch and sniff pages. 

Incidentally, this whole Drew coming back to the forum: can everyone change their avatars to pictures of Drew just to freak him out? 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581

*snigger*

Sounds like a monthly publication. Hope it's not got scratch and sniff pages. 

Incidentally, this whole Drew coming back to the forum: can everyone change their avatars to pictures of Drew just to freak him out? 
    I tried, but it cracked my phone screen. :(
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    I'd also extend the open door to more banned people. I'd even let J Collingridge back, just with no classifieds access.
     In fact I'd go so far as to let everyone that has been banned back and if they can be grown-ups well and good, and if not then just re-ban them.
    Anyone who had been banned over scamming wouldn't be allowed classifieds access.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    p90fool said:
    dindude said:

No problem with Drew returning, but this forum is a worse place when you get a few who dominate, so don’t give him too much power, eh
    I actually think the opposite. If he has a real stake in making it work via involvement with a YouTube channel, promotional work and a general feeling of usefulness he will probably be less of a dick. 

Drew can be a great guy, but a bored, depressed Drew is a loose cannon.
    Sounds like a meeting you’d have with HR about a problem employee!, it’s a forum, join, get involved, act like an adult. Simple. As soon as you have to “manage” someone then what’s the point. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdv said:
    I'd also extend the open door to more banned people. I'd even let J Collingridge back, just with no classifieds access.
     In fact I'd go so far as to let everyone that has been banned back and if they can be grown-ups well and good, and if not then just re-ban them.
    Anyone who had been banned over scamming wouldn't be allowed classifieds access.
    His crimes weren't limited to scamming. He's broken just about every rule we have, and some that we don't - including sending messages to my wife from fake accounts trying to convince her that I was having an affair.

Ain't gonna happen ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22930
    I'm mostly just sorry to learn that TTony has left.  A cautious welcome to the other changes.  I think.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdv said:
    His crimes weren't limited to scamming. He's broken just about every rule we have, and some that we don't - including sending messages to my wife from fake accounts trying to convince her that I was having an affair.

Ain't gonna happen ;)
    Pfft, so much for forgiveness.  If that's the worse thing...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Is siraxeman allowed back? He was nuts but quite entertaining.

Good luck with the changes. I hope it goes well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey up you lot. Drew here. 

I've done the old clemency song and dance before; the one that goes along the lines of me trying to convince people that they've got me wrong, or trying to counter their embitterment with humour and cheekiness, or simply trying to slip in quietly hoping nobody would notice. I'm not gonna do that again.

I'm also not going to do the back and forth responding in this thread; where we all just beat the horse to death - nay, to glue! Let's all just save the energy.

As I see it, I'm here to do a job of sorts. Which will be to help Lee get tFB onto Youtube, hopefully create content for the channel, and to help facilitate some of the plans we've been discussing in the background. Others will hopefully get involved too. I want to help build something here. Something that will really enrich the community and maybe even give it a renewed focus.

I'll keep it brief. Let's avoid the drama. Clean slate time. If some people can't handle that, well that's not on me.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 26reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorted.

Onwards. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorted.

Onwards. 
    The most brief-yet-wisdom-filled post thus far. I salute you, sir! :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @WiresDreamDisasters good to have you back.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom