Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The forum, its present and its future

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    Drew is fun and is a plus. @TTony is a huge loss.

Them's the facts.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited December 2018
    All the 'stuff' involving Drew happened outside my timeframe, which means that I'm not directly affected by all the shenanigans that went on. I therefore don't have any issues towards Drew, or other tFB members past or present.

We're all adults. I hope so. We're all capable of forgiveness. Well, I hope that's true. And whatever you might say, we all live in glass houses. And none of us are immune to being stupid. So in the spirit of good will and bygones be bygones, let's extend a welcome back to Drew. And I hope, Drew, you can be and act as a positive member of the forum.

Despite the departure of TTony, the future's so bright I gotta wear shades*. Lee's proposals sound great in principal, and I welcome a refresh of tFB to allow it continue and develop. That's a good thing.

I'm not in a position to help, as my skills lie elsewhere, but I will raise a suggestion relating to classifieds. Adverts in Classified section must have the widest possible market. Please don't restrict access for/to potential buyers. I mention this because people are saying access to Classifieds must be restricted. Let's be realistic, a market place will only flourish if there's enough adverts to attract potential buyers. If the ads aren't there because sellers are dissuaded, then the classifieds will be a poor experience. Food for thought. Classifieds draw people to the Forum. Let's not cut our noses off because a few people can't behave.

* bonus points for naming the band. And year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    All sounds a positive and exciting step in the right direction. As for the return of @WiresDreamDisasters, then welcome back. Live and let live is what I say  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    While we are at it, what ever happened to @LesbianWithAGun ?

He was good fun ;-)

Anyway, good luck with it all @digitalscream ;

(I have chaired enough committees and been the admin on enough forums to know that I will never volunteer for such things again!)
  • Hey up you lot. Drew here. 

I've done the old clemency song and dance before; the one that goes along the lines of me trying to convince people that they've got me wrong, or trying to counter their embitterment with humour and cheekiness, or simply trying to slip in quietly hoping nobody would notice. I'm not gonna do that again.

I'm also not going to do the back and forth responding in this thread; where we all just beat the horse to death - nay, to glue! Let's all just save the energy.

As I see it, I'm here to do a job of sorts. Which will be to help Lee get tFB onto Youtube, hopefully create content for the channel, and to help facilitate some of the plans we've been discussing in the background. Others will hopefully get involved too. I want to help build something here. Something that will really enrich the community and maybe even give it a renewed focus.

I'll keep it brief. Let's avoid the drama. Clean slate time. If some people can't handle that, well that's not on me.
    can you at least wear a wig like me
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    I'm just happy to be a member of this forum, and take the rough with the smooth. Thanks. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    dbphoto said:

He was good fun ;-)
    I asked that question a while back. Yes, he was fun and brought some colour to this place. I was told that he had taken a break from the forum at his own request after being given a bit of a hard time by a member. It would be good to have him back. @FelineGuitars knows him I believe so maybe could pass on a welcome?
  • Well!  Bugger me backwards with a broom (as my old grandma used to say (she did honestly)).   You spend a morning shoving some festive tinsel up around the house and come back for a quiet peruse of your second life to find the new Kings have tuned the place on its head.   

Great, I love change and look forward to see what's to come.

I like the idea of being able to upload pics direct so will subscribe to that.   Happy to watch You Tubey bits so have no qualms there either.  It was never fully clear to me if Drew was banned or walked, but I can clearly see the difference between his departure and that of Lix and the con man.

Bring on the brave new world.

• All sounds good to me, looking forward to the YouTube channel. Shame to see TTony retire, thanks for all your hard work mate  =)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    strtdv said:
    I'd also extend the open door to more banned people. I'd even let J Collingridge back, just with no classifieds access.
     In fact I'd go so far as to let everyone that has been banned back and if they can be grown-ups well and good, and if not then just re-ban them.
    Anyone who had been banned over scamming wouldn't be allowed classifieds access.
    I suspect if you knew the complete JC backstory you wouldn’t be talking about letting that twat anywhere near this place. He’s definitely one person who should stay permabanned. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • @digitalscream best of luck, I do hope it works out.

When I first clashed with Drew I thought he was just an arsehole. I later learned he is an intelligent bloke who knows a lot about what he knows, but still is capable of coming across like an arsehole. I think I agreed with the reasons for banning him at the time. I also think that if he is invited back (as a result of bans not being permanent any more, not as a result of deciding that his behaviour wasn't that bad after all) it should be on the understanding that if he behaves like that again, he will get banned again.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Hate to say this but from reading this thread it seems that all  @digitalscream ‘s fantastic     efforts and fantastic intentions are as nothing to the issue of wether Drew is allowed back or not.

I for one am really looking forward to the future of the Fretboard
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11595
    tFB Trader
    Jimbro66 said:
    dbphoto said:

He was good fun ;-)
    I asked that question a while back. Yes, he was fun and brought some colour to this place. I was told that he had taken a break from the forum at his own request after being given a bit of a hard time by a member. It would be good to have him back. @FelineGuitars knows him I believe so maybe could pass on a welcome?
    He's a customer . 
    Haven't seen so much of him lately .
    I think he was taking time out for some personal development and focusing on work related matters.
    He wasn't doing himself any favours on here in many ways (even though you may have found his input  amusing in some bizarre way.

One person I miss is Random Handclaps

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited December 2018

One person I miss is Random Handclaps
    I don't think J will come back here. I tried to get him to over the years but I just think he doesn't like the vibe. He's a very good friend of mine and I'd love it if he'd resurrect his account.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I hope we can still have a sense of humour...something TTony appeared to lack at times

2reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited December 2018
    Onwards and Upwards, as has been said already and well done Lee.

I just don't want to see any more Dickery. As also said, this thread is about the future and too much is being said here about Drew, behaviours etc but whilst we're on the subject, even when some 'loose cannons' left or were banned, the Dickery continued or surfaced from others.

Let's be kind and courteous to each other and value this place, because it is great. Going from 4 Admin Staff to 1 in a short space of time, all people who gave up a lot of their time and were fair, should make everyone think for a minute about why that was?

Let's all make this work!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6718
    I've a couple of decades in tv/video production if I can help in any way with swanky looking video content. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I hope we can still have a sense of humour...something TTony appeared to lack at times
    Don't want to stoke up any aggro... but, to me, that seems rather unfair... and a fairly pointless comment in the circumstances.  I always found TTony to be very fair and extremely tolerant. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool when faced with some of the nonsense that goes on here. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 26reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Most of this was before my time, often when searching for stuff Drew's posts came up with the answers, so I'm all for that. Welcome back.

Onwards and what not.. 
    Don't want to stoke up any aggro... but, to me, that seems rather unfair... and a fairly pointless comment in the circumstances.  I always found TTony to be very fair and extremely tolerant. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool when faced with some of the nonsense that goes on here. 
    Hear hear.