Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What sort of video content would you want?

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• A "Dear Fretboard" agony aunt style bit where  a fretboarderer discribes a problem and asks the membership for help. E.g. "Dear fretboard, I'm having a problem with my loose locking nuts. Can you help?"

Cue ICBM et al...
    I like this.. content would grow naturally. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretboard swap shop!

"I have this 1996 BC Rich Ironbird and I want to swap it for some rollerskates and The Bay City Rollers latest LP, or possibly a Big Trak"

Can we get Posh Paws out of retirement?
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3027
    edited December 2018
    Ready! Steady! Djent!

2 fretboarders are given a carrier bag with a mystery guitar, 3 pedals and an amp in it. They have 30 minutes to set up, write a tune and perform. Assistence provided by seasoned musician.

Winner to be selected by enthusiastic audience online.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh you've got me started now...

Grind core lessons in the style of Bob Ross.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "Valve amp construction for beginners - tips for avoiding instant death"  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll shut up now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dtrdtr Frets: 1037
    I'd like to see a series of videos that show/discuss/reminisce about different situations where folks have gone from noob to expert.  The kind of thing you never really get to learn except by doing, like turning up to your first open mic night or jam session, or setting up for your first gig, first time in a recording studio, etc.

If they could follow someone actually in the first time situation, asking questions and getting advice from an experienced mentor, intercut with talking-head reminiscences of pearls-of-wisdom and funny stories, I reckon I'd be informed, educated and entertained. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24310
    A "Dear Fretboard" agony aunt style bit where  a fretboarderer discribes a problem and asks the membership for help. E.g. "Dear fretboard, I'm having a problem with my loose locking nuts. Can you help?"

Cue ICBM et al...
    That is a really good idea.

Took me ages to discover that modern Ibanez have a locking system inside of the trem posts!

Seriously - who thought that was a good idea?
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11904
    how to check a guitar before buying it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Some really great suggestions and comments here guys. Thank you.

Bye!

• Happy to contribute any lead guitar work on  any videos of useful  ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • “The Fret Board”

A panel of prominent fretboarders give their views on gear, playing, players, the future of guitar etc.

Sort of “Alan Davies As Yet Untitled” but prob with more swearing and more rudeness I expect.
    Prominent fretboarders? Who are they?
  • I’d be wary of any “featured fretboarder” style content. Bear in mind that a lot of people simply are not very interesting or that knowledgeable.

You’d need to find someone very good at driving the content and another very good at editing, otherwise you’ll end up with an unwatchable, meandering dirge fest. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Basically, whenever a thread gets out of hand between 2 (or more, but not many more...) members, the Video Jury is invoked - the members are then required to travel with haste to a suitable video editing suite to continue their spat for the entire world to see.  They may or may not want to bring their handbags with them.

This will accomplish the following:
    1. Members on the whole may be less inclined to indulge in shitty behaviour towards each other.
    2. If members do indulge in shitty behaviour, the output would be readily consumed by a greedy, Orwellian cyber-public, baying for blood.
    3. This might have the unintended but super cool consequence of establishing a Fretboard "double-hard bastard" list, where we could easily see in some sort of league table of who could take who.
    4. Winner gets the pick of the loser's best gear.
    There are literally no drawbacks with my suggestion.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    “The Fret Board”

A panel of prominent fretboarders give their views on gear, playing, players, the future of guitar etc.

Sort of “Alan Davies As Yet Untitled” but prob with more swearing and more rudeness I expect.
    Er ... @Clarky ?

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Jalapeno said:
    “The Fret Board”

Er ... @Clarky ?

I'm good at more swearing and more rudeness 
    play every note as if it were your first
  • MrBump said:
    Basically, whenever a thread gets out of hand between 2 (or more, but not many more...) members, the Video Jury is invoked - the members are then required to travel with haste to a suitable video editing suite to continue their spat for the entire world to see.  They may or may not want to bring their handbags with them.

This will accomplish the following:
    1. Members on the whole may be less inclined to indulge in shitty behaviour towards each other.
    2. If members do indulge in shitty behaviour, the output would be readily consumed by a greedy, Orwellian cyber-public, baying for blood.
    3. This might have the unintended but super cool consequence of establishing a Fretboard "double-hard bastard" list, where we could easily see in some sort of league table of who could take who.
    4. Winner gets the pick of the loser's best gear.
    There are literally no drawbacks with my suggestion.
    This is eloquent and well written @MrBump but overlooks one thing ..... 99% of aggressive opinionated forum fighters thrive on being anonymous keyboard warriors so this ideas may not quite take off