13»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27006
    edited May 2019
    mrkb said:
    So this happened... D 

<pic>
    Nice, which brain does it have?
    The VH-11 hihat are great for getting good technique.
    It's the TD-17 module, which apparently has sounds from the TD50, which apparently are good. It certainly sounds good to my ears. It also has options for click, aux in, etc plus various lessons and training things which I don't yet know the value of, but it certainly seems decent.

But I do need to read the manual! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I have the TD50 and not a huge fan of the stock sounds.

Vex do some very good expansion packs, including for the TD17.
    Worth checking out:

http://www.vexpressionsltd.com
    octatonic said:
    I have the TD50 and not a huge fan of the stock sounds.

Vex do some very good expansion packs, including for the TD17.
    Worth checking out:

http://www.vexpressionsltd.com
    Noted :)

I'm ok with them so far, though obviously this is all very "new, shiny" right now, so I can't see myself needing anything right away, but if I start recording that may be a different kettle of fish.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2953
    +1 on vex packs - until you get the superior drummer itch! Watch out for vh11 constantly rotating its lower section, stick a cable tie on it to keep it in place.  Oh and careful with that right foot, the cat might not appreciate it....
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7876
    Would love to learn. Just not got the free time or space for a kit.  

Maybe when I retire ;)
  • So this happened... :D 

So... are you saying a portrait of your lovely cat was shamelessly photo-bombed by some drum electronic kit? 
    Disgraceful. 
    Please see if you can get a better picture of that cat!  :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So this happened... :D 

So... are you saying a portrait of your lovely cat was shamelessly photo-bombed by some drum electronic kit? 
    Disgraceful. 
    Please see if you can get a better picture of that cat!  :-)
    That can be arranged!

Also this one...

and this one...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @stickyfiddle Many thanks.
    Lovely family you've got there.  Especially that first photo... looks like a cat that's got it all sorted out in life.

@stickyfiddle Many thanks.
    Lovely family you've got there.  Especially that first photo... looks like a cat that's got it all sorted out in life.

Oh yes. Monty (top one) is the oldest. All are rescues, but he's the only one who spent significant time on the streets, so appreciates food & cuddles the most.

Max (2nd) is most loyal, as we got him while I was unemployed so he grew up next to me on the sofa for a few weeks - still his favourite place. 

Pickle (3rd) is the youngest, and technically only a foster, but he's been here 11 months and counting. Has has weird squinty eyes without proper eyelids but is the loudest purr I've ever heard. He also plays fetch, which is fantastic... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @stickyfiddle Many thanks.

Oh yes. Monty (top one) is the oldest. All are rescues, but he's the only one who spent significant time on the streets, so appreciates food & cuddles the most.

Max (2nd) is most loyal, as we got him while I was unemployed so he grew up next to me on the sofa for a few weeks - still his favourite place. 

Pickle (3rd) is the youngest, and technically only a foster, but he's been here 11 months and counting. Has has weird squinty eyes without proper eyelids but is the loudest purr I've ever heard. He also plays fetch, which is fantastic... 

Fantastic.  Great job taking in rescues.
    Bump for this... I've had the kit for 5 months, and played on average every at least other day. 

The last 2 days I was supposed to be off work using up some leave but ended up working half of that time anyway. To make up for it on some level, I did finally sort my cabling out and experiment with tom layout. 

I'm trying 1-up, 2 down with the toms, and I think I prefer it. I've also done a full cable tidy-up with clips and velcro so it looks neat. And most important, I've got a cheap Ikea carpet and underlay to stop the whole thing sliding about. It's good - pic below (yes, that's the silhouette of a pair of scissors from some spray paint mist on the stool. Don't ask...)

Now I mustn't ignore the "music" bit. I've been trying to play a variety of stuff from my existing music collection. I'm able to pick up moderate stuff from the rock/indie sphere on a couple of attempts. 

I love Max Weinberg, so a lot of Springsteen has been in rotation, and going towards Foo Fighters, Paramore and Soundgarden for heavier stuff at the moment. I'm very happy with right leg independence now having struggled with it early on, but complex fills still trip me up - the notorious one in Born to Run is completely impossible, and I'd really like to get the Alan White fills on What's the Story Morning Glory down, but I'll get there. 

I need to find a decent slow-down app (Anytune?) to help build those up from lower speeds. But I'm feeling like "a drummer" and still really enjoying it. In pure $-per-hr terms it must be the best bit of music kit I've bought in ages. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom