Strymon blue sky buffered?

What's Hot
skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
Ello people smarter than I. 

I see that the Strymon blue sky has a selectable mode between trails and true bypass. 

In trails mode the website says its in a state of  analogue bypass. 

Now, firstly can anyone explain the mechanics to a simpleton?

Does that mean that in trails mode, the pedal is bufferred?
I'd want this because I feel like a buffer at the end of my fx chain could only mean good things. 

But that got me curious. How can a pedal be both true bypass and bufferred? 

Is it like marshall pedals hardwire bypass? Not that i remember how that works though... 

If Implement the blue sky in to my board, I'd be removing a boss ds-1 which sits 3rd from last, after an Ehx pocket metal muff which is also buffered. 

The start of my chain is a Boss tu-3 so got a buffer there. 

I know there are mixed feelings about buffers etc, I guess I just feel better having 1 at the start and one near the end, or in the blueskys case, potentially at the end.. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2362
    I haven't tried that specific pedal, but I was under the impression (possibly wrongly) that to have trails you had to have buffered bypass.

And if it's like any of the pedals I have tried where it has buffered or true bypass, it's not both, you have the option of one or the other (selected by a switch).

Marshall bypass is just half-assed bypass, I think (the output disconnected when in bypass; true bypass has both input and output disconnected).
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    I assume it's like the TC Flashback X4 - it can be true bypass (and no trails) or it can have trails (and be buffered), depending on dip switch choices. But if it's in trails mode it's not true bypass.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2362
    ^ Yep that's what I meant but I managed to phrase it less eloquently than that.. :D That's the way it is on my Digitech/Hardwire Delay and Reverb.