Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Delay pedal with presets?

What's Hot
HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
I'm after a delay pedal which I can programme presets into for easy changes, rather than tweaking on the fly. I know the TC Electronic does this. Any other recommendations?

May sell/trade my Keeley Caverns V2 for the right one.

Thanks.
"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Well, the Timeline does this in spades but it will cost close to £300 used. 
  • I love my DD500
  • There are loads and many of them are very spendy.

How many presets / what sort of sounds? 
  • Gotta throw a vote out there for the DD500. It's brilliant. As is the Timeline.

You could get a TC Electronic Nova Delay which has presets too. Depends on your budget really.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Source Audio Nemesis - just as good as Timeline, far cheaper than it second hand. H9 with a couple of extra paid algorithms for same as Timeline second hand.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Yep, Nemesis. Great value used 

• The Boss DD500 is great for this.
  • On the cheaper end, Boss DD20. 4 Saveable presets plus the setting you're currently on, not bad for less than £100. Not as flashy as the others, but if you're preset needs are minimal then it's a great starting place. If you need all the bells and whistles, then the Timeline and Nemesis are excellent pedals. Timeline for sheer volume of options and the Nemesis for the simplicity of the user interface plus Neuro App options
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • My Line 6 DL-4  ;)
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    Thanks all. I don't need too many presets - three or four would probably suffice. The TC Alter Ego X4 hasn't been mentioned. Any love for that? Looks to have a cracking spec.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Seems to have dropped in price too - circa £150 brand new. Bargain?
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2332
    Would go for the Boss DD500.  I've had both the TC nova delays (normal, IB and the repeater).   They are good, but the Boss nails it for me.

You could also consider line 6 m5, which is an excellent pedal in its own right, and does have the advantage of being able to use other effects instead of the delays.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6096
    Hattigol said:
    Thanks all. I don't need too many presets - three or four would probably suffice.
    Boss DD-20. Sounds good, easy to program.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    Thanks all. I don't need too many presets - three or four would probably suffice. The TC Alter Ego X4 hasn't been mentioned. Any love for that? Looks to have a cracking spec.
    To be honest, I've never used one. But I've always wanted one. I *LOVE* the sounds of the TC Flashback series, I just don't like their ... for lack of a better term, their workflow. Particularly the TC Triple Delay which should've been an absolute knock-the-ball-out-of-the-park moment. But they dropped the ball on the tap tempo implementation and I honestly believe that it didn't do very well because of that.

Also the DL-4 suggestion by @builttospill is not a bad one. It's the best selling delay pedal in history for a reason!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88 said:
    Would go for the Boss DD500.  I've had both the TC nova delays (normal, IB and the repeater).   They are good, but the Boss nails it for me.

You could also consider line 6 m5, which is an excellent pedal in its own right, and does have the advantage of being able to use other effects instead of the delays.
    Got any opinions on the differences between the TC Nova and the iB Modified one?? I always fancied the iB one but could never find one at the time. That ship has probably sailed now though.

Bye!

@MajorDude has an iB one for sale, which was tempting me but the Alter Ego X4 is swinging it for me at the moment....

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2332
    thomasw88 said:

Got any opinions on the differences between the TC Nova and the iB Modified one?? I always fancied the iB one but could never find one at the time. That ship has probably sailed now though.
    to be honest I didn't really notice much difference.

I prefferred the sounds of the nova repeater actually although it did have this really irratating kill switch which would kill the entire signal and I remember hitting it a few times by mistake at gigs.
  • Line 6 M5, you can find them used for <60 quid.
  • I had the iB modified Nova Delay. It was nice but the process for going from one pre-set to the other was a real pain live.

I sold that and had the TC Alter Ego x4, which was really nice but I missed having an LED screen with BPM or tempo, so eventually went for the Boss DD-500 which suits me really well.
    Just looking at the size of the Alter Ego - it's a whopper, isn't it...