Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

KT Tunstall - Rig rundown

What's Hot
rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
Not my usual cup of tea but a very interesting watch.

An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Watched this last night. Really interesting to see she’s still using the Head Rush looper which is pretty primitive by today’s standard. Nice story about the famous Jools appearance as well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Brilliant rig. Horrendous pedalboard. 

I fairly much love KT. Met her last year after a very weird solo gig in a hotel ballroom in Abu Dhabi. She has awesome taste in guitars and spangly trousers.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    ..ended up watching the whole hour, stopped several times to try stuff out myself!

She really is amazing, and makes it all feel so accessible.

Need to watch it agin!

• ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    edited December 2018
    I agree. I watched it a few days ago, and kept it, so that I could have another look sometime. Much more interesting than the average "Rig Rundown".
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    She's great ! Great video.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5791
    Always loved her but finding out the other day we have an oddball guitar in common was the icing on the cake 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    There is a great Daryl Hall and KT Tunstall session on Yootoob Daryls House. She comes across as a nice person to hang about and jam with.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Can't watch it now as I'm at work but I have great respect for her as an artist (although it's not the kind of music I listen to generally)
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    A very good one, she's clearly very Into how she makes her sounds, as opposed to the "too cool" guys who's techs do it or the "blues cool" guys who love that they don't know anything about what they're playing. 
    WE ARE NERDS DAMMIT. SHARE OUR SAD SAD OBSESSION. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    MODS: KT rig threads merged
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I've always been pretty indifferent to her, surprised to see how much praise the video / her in general is getting on this forum.

Will need to have a watch when I get time.
  • thegummy said:
    I've always been pretty indifferent to her, surprised to see how much praise the video / her in general is getting on this forum.

The video shows very clearly that she knows her equipment, and has spent time working out how to make it work for her.

Unlike the embarrassing "Rig Rundown" videos with (usually male) guitarists, who don't know what strings they use, let alone whether their guitars have been modded or not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    thegummy said:

The video shows very clearly that she knows her equipment, and has spent time working out how to make it work for her.

Unlike the embarrassing "Rig Rundown" videos with (usually male) guitarists, who don't know what strings they use, let alone whether their guitars have been modded or not.
    I watched a funny one with the Steel Panther guy and he was asked the usual technical questions and he'd kind of begin to answer with technical stuff then go back to character and say he didn't know or care or something sexual.

Could tell that in reality he's a proper guitar guy but obviously he's also playing a comedy character
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2892
    Lovely person, great musician and I think I’m in love, again!!!
  • I found her extreme chattiness a bit grating. But, yes, some interesting insights into how she works. 

The best rig rundown for entertainment value probably The Darkness. You will feel sorry for the interviewer.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    I'm not keen on her music but on other YT videos where she shows how she uses her looper to create The Black Horse and Cherry Tree loop, she comes across as a very nice person. She explains things well and isn't at all "rock star" if you know what I mean.

Nice lass.
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Love her.
    I miss the whole band and the Gretsch chime.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8748
    thegummy said:

She talks about the sound she wants, and how she gets it. Whether or not you like her playing you can empathise with her attitude.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5445
    She's fantastic. Her own stuff is great - last time I saw her live she was doing bg vox for Jon Hopkins & King Creosote... that was cool, nice to see someone who could have easily played a headline set in her own right helping out some mates.
  • Remarkable - I was very impressed!