Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

KT Tunstall - Rig rundown

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• She's an outstanding musician. I know that when she turned up to play on the Simple Minds acoustic album they were knocked out by her playing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17654
    tFB Trader
    Mind blown.

She's awesome.
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    edited December 2018
    Extra points for a shout out to the Legendary Shack Shakers too!

Edit: If you get the chance to see the Shack Shakers live, do. Some bands have a sort of wild energy. LSS are positively *feral.*
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10266
    Probably my favourite rig rundown so far, and I’m not a massive fan. She seems really down to earth and into her effects.
  • Watched little bits so far and enjoying it.

Though I did wrily smile when she said she was a mini Mozart because she nearly got distinction at grade 1 piano... Especially as Mozart didn't play piano :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72530
    Fantastic.... she's really geeky about it too :).

I especially like her use of combined amp and DI sounds, both with acoustic and electric guitar. I've often done something similar, but never as well as that or with as much control over it - usually just a simple split.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    edited December 2018
    Watched this last night. Really interesting to see she’s still using the Head Rush looper which is pretty primitive by today’s standard. Nice story about the famous Jools appearance as well. 
    I had one and it was really easy to use and sounded great but couldn't save loops. Sold it and got a Boss RC3 that I didn't get on with even with the extra Bespeco switches I had.  I should have kept the Headrush.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72530
    Voxman said:
    Watched this last night. Really interesting to see she’s still using the Head Rush looper which is pretty primitive by today’s standard. Nice story about the famous Jools appearance as well. 
    I had one and it was really easy to use and sounded great but couldn't save loops. Sold it and got a Boss RC3 that I didn't get on with even with the extra Bespeco switches I had.  I should have kept the Headrush.
    It's still my favourite looper as well - so simple, intuitive and as close to foolproof as a live looper can get. I don't currently have one, but if I needed a looper again I'd buy one without even thinking about it - they go for ridiculously little now too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    Suddenly I see, what she's trying to achieve.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    DeeTee said:
    Extra points for a shout out to the Legendary Shack Shakers too!

Edit: If you get the chance to see the Shack Shakers live, do. Some bands have a sort of wild energy. LSS are positively *feral.*
    I saw them supporting Robert Plant about a decade ago. Wild show; came out to meet the punters afterwards which was nice. Still got my LSS t shirt that I woke up wearing on the sitting room floor :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    ICBM said:
    Voxman said:
    It's still my favourite looper as well - so simple, intuitive and as close to foolproof as a live looper can get. I don't currently have one, but if I needed a looper again I'd buy one without even thinking about it - they go for ridiculously little now too.
    I also loved the delay sound. Unfortunately mine was a bit noisy and since I didn't use the looper that much, I sold it long ago.