NGD - Martyn Booth Signature

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Congratulations.  I've been tempted by one of these in the past.  Hope it lives up to your best hopes.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited December 2018
    Congratulations.  I've been tempted by one of these in the past.  Hope it lives up to your best hopes.
    It really does. Amazing. Coil tapping is great too 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Humbucked said:
    That's not just for Xmas, it's in for the long haul. A worthwhile investment, indeed. 
    Would very much like to hear this one in action, but, would appreciate it if you could share your impressions of the Oil City pups.
    Happy New Guitar Day.l
    @Humbucked Oil City are a great in my opinion. I went for the nightfighter IV and a scrapyard dog. We have so many choices to go for these days but oil city's prices seem much more reasonable compared to the usual suspects you see for sale etc. So I went for them as I also want to support uk boutique builders and not go for the most common. To my ears they sound great but it could be the guitar of course and may not sound as good in another guitar I.e. different wood / construction etc.

I asked martyn if he liked them but he is a Seymour Duncan man through and through but he did say they sounded very Gibson. Not sure if he meant that as a bad or good thing lol

Hope it helps ?
  • Wonderful guitar! Congrats.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • @hotpickups Oil City is a good choice with the bonus of supporting UK makers. If they sound good to you then, what's not to like. I hope you enjoy the guitar for many years to come. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    A wow from me.     That looks like a great guitar - hope it brings you many years of enjoying playing it 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Spent a good couple of weeks with this guitar now and all I can say is it's the most comfortable guitar I've ever had the pleasure to play. It was a gamble for me to take the plunge and trust martyn to build the right guitar for me but he was absolutely right in reading me so well. 

Cosmetically I wasn't sure about the quilt at first but even that has grown on me and feel it's totally unique which is what I wanted. I'm patting myself on the back now for choosing the right UK builder. Yes it's expensive but if anyone is looking to spend that kind of money on a guitar then you must give martyn a shout. He'll do you proud I'm sure of it :)
  • Kudos to you for going with your instincts. Of course, doubt creeps in a little during the wait but, this is a lifetime investment. I'd happily commission Martyn to build and instrument for me, alas, budget isn't conducive. @hotpickups, enjoy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom