Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Albums you'd like a band to re-record

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• I'd like Bass on AFD, and re-mastering/repressings of Mirage and Snow Goose as even decent gear seems to have trouble tracking those 2 Camel albums.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd like Bass on AFD, and re-mastering/repressings of Mirage and Snow Goose as even decent gear seems to have trouble tracking those 2 Camel albums.
    Must be a pressing issue on Snow Goose.  I have a 1975 Gama Records Ltd pressing on blue Decca and it plays without a problem.

I've not read all of this thread, but what I have read this evening suggests that the original masters were all ok but transferring to cd is where it probably went wrong.  Compression killed the cd medium which is a great shame.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    axisus said:
    I Hate the production on Soundgarden's Superunknown - thick muddy and horrible. Cornell sounds a million times better on the Temple of the Dog album.

*gets all up in arms ready to...*
    Totally disagree about Superunknown, in engineering circles it's considered a classic, particularly due to the amazing drums sounds and non-hyped mastering. I'd recommend listening on a great set of speakers, it's epic.
    Ah, no worries then, someone else has sorted it.

Funnily enough I had a discussion with a mate over new year's eve and he didn't rate the production of Superunknown vs. more recent, louder productions. I just don't understand it. Superunknown is brilliant. It's thick, muddy and horrible... Just the way the band played it, and intended it to sound. Polishing it or hyper compressing it wouldn't have made it better.